Powered by Blogger.

Lucky to Know You

Hi friends! I'm back with a fun little friendship card to share with you today.


I had a little time to play in the studio, but back pain had me not wanting to get out of my chair to grab some watercolor paper. So I coated a piece of thin white cardstock with some watercolor ground and pulled out some prima sprays that were next to my desk that made me think of the challenge at The Card Concept this week. The watercolor ground really seems to retain your brushstrokes when you apply it, so it was fun to see how the sprays highlighted those strokes as I applied them.  The effect made me think of a rainy spring day, so I went with an Irish spring layered kind of card.


The sentiment and four leaf clover image are from the new Irish Coffee digi, printed on a laser printer and colored with Copics.  I added a little texture to the watercolor background by embossing with a stars & swirls embossing folder, then added some black and gold accents, plus a button and twine to finish off the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous day.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Irish Coffee DIGITAL Set
Paper: white, black, gold, Emerald Authentique)
Ink: laser printer, copic markers, color bloom sprays (Prima)
Accessories: circle dies, rectangle die, button, twine, ribbon, stars & swirls embossing folder (Sizzix), watercolor ground (Daniel Smith)

2 comments

Julie Gearinger said...

Julee, this is so pretty!! Love the texture of the embossing, the wonderful sentiment and shamrock as well as your gorgeous ribbon and finishing touches!! Perfect for our Monochromatic Green Challenge and always a treat to see your artwork in our gallery!! Hugs, sweet friend and I hope you have a blessed week!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the pretty embossed and water colored background! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at the Card Concept!