Powered by Blogger.

Latte Love and a Gift Card Holder Video Tutorial


Hi friends! Today I'm participating in an inspiration hop over on YouTube with some of my fellow Not 2 Shabby design team members. We're all sharing projects with some of our favorite Not 2 Shabby products.

It's probably no surprise that I picked a coffee collection! I love coffee and I love to create Valentine projects, so the Lattes of Love paper pad, Lattes of Love ephemera, and Love for Lattes stamp set were my first choice.

In my video I share a couple of cards I created with these products and then create a fun little valentine gift card holder with one sheet of 6 x 6 patterned paper. You can watch the video below, or head over to my YouTube channel and hop along.



This gift card holder is super quick and easy. It's based on a standard coin envelope design, but I've adapted it to perfectly fit a gift card, with just a little wiggle room to get the card in and out. You could easily change up the measurements to fit different types of candy, etc.


Start by scoring a piece of 6" x 6" piece of paper at 1.75" and 4.5". Then rotate your paper 90 degrees and score at 1.5" and 5.25". Burnish the fold lines and cut away the pieces marked on the template below.

With the side that you want to be the outside of the envelope facing away from you, fold down the top center flap and adhere. Next fold in the left side toward center and then adhere the right side to the left side panel. Fold up the bottom panel and adhere to form the bottom back side of the envelope. Flip project over and fold the remaining flap down over the front. 

I used Velcro as a closure, but there are lots of other options you could use such as punching a hole and tying with string, clipping with a paperclip or clothespin, or removable adhesive, Embellish as desired, and make someone's day with a sweet gift.


Alright, let's move on to the cards I shared. This first card uses sketch #3 from Kendra's Card Challenge 13. I loved the large area intended for building a scene, so I collaged a bunch of Lattes of Love ephemera pieces and layered some coordinating papers. I changed the measurements just a skosh to fit my needs, then accented with glossy glaze, glitter, and some gold metallic paint pen accents.


The second card was my way of using up a bunch of scraps on my desk. I simply taped the scraps I had together (using double sided adhesive on the back side, then cut down to a 5.25" square.  I used some Love from Lizi pinstripe peel offs to cover the seams, then added a square of paper where the panels met. I finished off with some ephemera and gold matting for a 5.5" square card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic day! If you have a little time, I'd love it if you'd check out the hop! 

3 comments

sprgstn16 said...

Hi Julee! This is so adorable! Love it! :)

kiwimeskreations said...

beautiful cards, and thanks for the template and video
Blessings
Maxine

~amy~ said...

These are super cute Julee!