Powered by Blogger.

An A-maize-ing Day


Hi friends! How has the summer been treating you? It’s hard to believe my not so little anymore boys are starting 5th grade tomorrow! I felt a little sad to see there are no longer crayons on their school supply list. My babies are growing up!đŸ˜­ But today we get to drop off their supplies and meet their new teacher and the whole family is super excited. Anyhow, on with the card details...

Today’s card started with a smooshing session with some Catherine Pooler inks. I did lots of layers, drying in between each color until I was happy with it. Next I trimmed it down with the Card Mat Dies and set it aside while I did some coloring.


The corn image is from the Aww Shucks set that was a freebie with the last Jaded Blossom release. There’s a new release coming this week! I stamped it in Versafine Clair ink and then watercolored with Catherine Pooler inks. I then fussy cut and added a few white gel pen accents. The sentiment is from the Happy Fall Gnomie set and stamped directly onto the smooshed background. I finished off with a bit of string and a button for embellishment.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope your day is a-maize-ing!

2 comments

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Julee - love your background, and the punny sentiment is perfect!
Blessings
Maxine

Purple Princess said...

so wonderful