Powered by Blogger.

Last Minute Easter Treats

Hi y'all! It's the last day of spring break here and boy am I ready to get back to a normal routine! I had envisioned quiet afternoons crafting with the boys, reading tons of books and playing board games. What I got was one boy with a secondary infection from strep, civil war, utter chaos, and a whole lot less patience than I started the week with! Haha! #lifewithboys


I made this little prototype of a quick Easter treat bag last week, planning to make more with bigger tags and some other variations to share on the blog this week. But instead I didn't step foot in my craft room all week and I ate all but a few of the chocolates! {sheepish grin}  I'm a sucker for Dove chocolates, but I did have a couple little helpers, too!

But if you're scrambling for something to make quickly, and don't have boys that think going to the store is like asking them to take a bath in boiling hot acid, here's how I made them.

1. Cut a length of 2" x 4.5" piece of cardstock (adjust length for more or less eggs)
2. Score 1/4" from the edge on both long sides and fold up to create tray
3. Optionally cut a 1.5" x 4.5" piece of patterned paper and adhere to the inside of tray
4. Add your chocolates and tuck inside a 2" x 9" cello bag
5. Tie closed and embellish as desired.

For my embellishment, I chose a tag using a sentiment from the new Risen Savior stamp set. I stamped with bermuda bay on vellum and embossed with clear embossing powder, then cut with a circle punch.  I layered this onto a Lacey Frame die cut (available in our 4/10 release), then used a crop-a-dile to punch a hole in both and thread the seam binding through and tited a bow.  I finished off with a yellow paper flower.

Easy peasy! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Risen Savior (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Eastertime (Authentique), soft sky (SU!), vellum
Ink: soft sky, bermuda bay (SU!)
Accessories: Lacey Frames Die Set (coming 4/10 from A Cut Above by VERVE), circle punch, clear embossing powder, ribbon, upholstery thread, prima flower, crop-a-dile, 2 x 9 cello bag

2 comments

JoAnn said...

Sorry you had a rough week but hope it gets better. :)
Love your sweet little Easter treat and the pretty colors.
Have a Blessed Easter.

Christine said...

Gorgeous packaging for those yummy Dove chocolates! I am enjoying the sneaky little hints about the new release. Have a wonderful Easter with your sweet family and take lots of photos to remember this crazy Spring Break...one day you will laugh about it, I promise! :)