Powered by Blogger.

Thank U

Hi friends!  Mark's long holiday vacation is officially over and so that means it's back to work for me, too.  And oh boy, is it a busy week.  We're still finishing up shipping orders from our end of year sale, then we need to pack everything in preparation for this weekend's move of Verve to its new space in our new house. And then it's a fast paced sprint to finish everything behind the scenes for next week's release!

Needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed this morning when I sat down to see how much has piled up in my inbox and to do list over the past few weeks.  I quickly decided that nothing on the list was going to get done until I had a little creative time.  So I moved to the other side of my desk (my office and studio are now one and the same) to make a quick little card to refresh my soul before I dove into the business of being back from vacation.  Definitely a good idea, and I feel so much more prepared to start tackling that to do list now.  {grin}


I've got quite a few special little thank you notes I want to send to peeps who gave me some fabulously thoughtful Christmas gifts, so I'm sure you'll be seeing thank you cards here on the blog for a while.  Well, at least until next week's Verve Spotlight Hops start!  :)  For this card, I wanted a shabby feel, so I pulled out some 7 Gypsies Victoria papers, a scrap of burlap and some fun coordinating trims and got to work.

The tag is cut with the Tagged Rectangle Die and I stamped the thank and the U from the You and I set on the tag, then added some crinkled ribbon and a little pom pom trim.  I finished off with a paper flower that I glitzed up with some Champagne glass glitter, then added a little to the edge of my card as well.

I'm sure I've prolonged working on that to do list long enough, so I better get back to it.  Thanks so much for stopping by - have a fabulous day!

Enabler's List:
Stamps:  You and I (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Victoria (7 Gypsies), Early Espresso (SU!), cream
Ink: Island Indigo (SU!), Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Tagged Rectangle Die, burlap, paper flower, shabby wrinkled ribbon, pom pom trim, circle punch, Champagne Glass Glitter (SU!), hot glue gun, Quickie Glue Pen

6 comments

Ravengirl said...

Very pretty! I wish I had left myself enough time to make a card before I went back to work. I'm sure you set the tone for your day positively.

Marisa said...

Perfect way to start the day, Julee :) Love the chunky glitter and the tag with the sentiment. Hope you got to check a few things off the list after today :)

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

gorgeous, Julee! Love collage on card work! The colors are so vintage, very pretty!

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card and love the burlap touch & champagne glass glitter. I'm so glad you're moved in and creating again. I missed your posts!

Crestajune said...

Such a pretty card! The You and I stamp set is one of my new favorites! I love all of the glitter you used and the pom-pom trim. Thank you for inspiring me today.
Looking forward to next week's Spotlight Hops! Have a wonderful day, Julee!

Vickie Z said...

OMG... Fabulous!!! Love all the distressing, colors, glitter is perfect!!! Glad you had a moment/time for creativity....I'm sure you enjoyed it and it will 'always' be there... babies and all!!