Powered by Blogger.

Mint Serenity

Hi friends!  I found a little time to sneak into my stamp studio last night, so thought I'd pop in and share.  The layout is this week's SCS551 sketch challenge and since I had the new in-colors on my desk and never used, decided to take them for a spin!


I started by stamping the serenity prayer from the Sparkly Dreams set in black on tiptop taupe, then sponging around the edges of the panel with tip top taupe and matting with black. Next I randomly stamped the butterfly from the same set in mint macaron on the same color paper for a subtle background, and sponged the edges with mint macaron and then tip top taupe.

I cut a strip of black for the top diagonal strip and used the Award Banner Trim Die for the second diagonal.  The butterfly is stamped in mint macaron and cut with the coordinating Butterfly Dreams Die Set.  I finished off with black liquid pearl accents on the flourish part of the sentiment as well as on the diagonal strip.  Also added flat back pearls to the butterfly body and in between each loop on the Award Banner trim.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Sparkly Dreams (Verve Stamps)
Paper: tiptop taupe, mint macaron, basic black (SU!)
Ink: tip top taupe, mint macaron (SU!), black
Accessories: Butterfly Dreams Die Set, Award Banner Trim Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), black flat back pearls (Pizzazz Aplenty), black liquid pearls (Ranger)

3 comments

Diana Nguyen said...

LOVE the stamped background and those tiny black liquid pearls (great job with that, by the way!) The sponged edges really add quite a bit of depth to your card.

SewPaperPaint said...

Love the tone on tone stamped background and color palette!

Christine said...

Your card is perfect for the serenity prayer!