Powered by Blogger.

Greetings

Hi friends!  Happy Tuesday!  Yesterday was definitely a Monday with a capital M.  You know those days when everything seems to be too exhausting to tackle and you end up shirking your to-do list and heading to the craft room to try to find a little happy before you have to face your family again?  Well, that's the sole reason there's a card here to share today.  {grin}


I just loved the Deconstructed Sketch this week, so that was my only plan when I sat down to stamp.  I had the Mischievous paper pad on my desk as I recently picked through my papers to put the autumn ones front and center.  I thought the prints would go great with the sketch, so I pulled out the Boo to You set and got right to work.  The pumpkin from Boo to You is stamped onto the cream panel, then again onto designer paper two times.  I paper pieced the pumpkin, then cut the second dp pumpkin on the second to the outside line and popped up for some dimension.  You can see the dimension a bit better in the close-up.  I really like the look of it.

The sentiment is stamped onto a Flag it Die, and the polka dotted topper to the pumpkin panel is cut with the same die set.  I layered them all together, then added a button, twine, a rhinestone and some liquid pearls to finish off.  It came together so easily and I was able to shirk off my gray cloud and go enjoy the boys' one-and-one-half-birthday celebration.  {grin}


Enabler's List
Stamps: Boo to You (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Mischievous (MME), basic black (SU!), cream (Neenah)
Ink: Black, Cajun Craze (SU!), Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:Flag it Die Set (A Cut above by VERVE), button, twine, rhinestone, liquid pearls (Ranger), corner rounder, sewing machine


12 comments

Susi said...

What a gorgeous card, Julee. Fab LO, colours and especially love the angled sentiment flag. What handsome young boys!

Tricia T said...

I love your card, Julee! I love all your clean layers and the stitching and fabulous tag / button / twine embellishments. Sweet picture of the littles, too!

Marisa said...

Love that polka dotted pumpkin and great BG paper. Fabulous as always and glad the stamping therapy worked ((hugs))! The boys are growing up sooo quickly!! Happy half birthday to them!

Jen Shults said...

This is gorgeous Julee! I love when you paper piece - I see stamps in a whole new way. :) Thanks for joining us this week! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

how fabulous is this!!?! LOVE the pumpkin card and your boys are getting so big...cuter than ever! So, who got the first taste of that yummy blue icing? lol!

Susan Clare said...

Love the non-traditional colors! Great job!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card Julee!! Those boys sure look like they know what that is on the table, LOL!! They are restraining themselves...

Connie said...

You continue to amaze me & inspire me. The boys just make me smile!!!!

Connie said...

You continue to amaze me & inspire me. The boys just make me smile!!!!

Sarah Gough said...

They look happier with the cake than they did their smash cakes! Love the idea of celebrating this milestone. Gorgeous card as always!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love this card and the boys are getting so big!

America said...

Your twins are absolutely gorgeous! What a PRECIOUS photo! Cant believe its been 18 months already! WOW! They're big! Where does the time go? Congrats Julee!