Hello crafty friends! Today I'm popping in with a fun mixed media card I made with the Vintage Sunflowers Card Fronts from Not 2 Shabby shop. There's a sampler pack of 6 card fronts included in the Box of the Month, or you can buy a full pack individually. There's also a Vintage Sunflowers Junk Journal Treasures pack that coordinates with the card fronts.
Next came the messy part – blending everything into the background with a mix of brown inks and sprays, some white gesso, and beige paint. I even added a little texture in the corner with some brown texture paste through a stencil, though you can't see all that much of it now. I stamped some text and graph elements from my stash for a bit more interest and then inked around the edges to really make those sunflowers glow.
I carefully fussy cut one of the sentiments from the included cut-apart sheet. After distressing the edges with brown ink, I popped it up on some foam tape for dimension. For a little contrast underneath, I added some lace and a bit of cheesecloth that I'd dyed with antique linen spray. To finish it all off, I added some Coffee & Cream sparkly enamel dots and then matted the whole thing with brown cardstock.
I carefully fussy cut one of the sentiments from the included cut-apart sheet. After distressing the edges with brown ink, I popped it up on some foam tape for dimension. For a little contrast underneath, I added some lace and a bit of cheesecloth that I'd dyed with antique linen spray. To finish it all off, I added some Coffee & Cream sparkly enamel dots and then matted the whole thing with brown cardstock.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous day!







1 comment
Beautifully put together, gorgeous work. x
Post a Comment