Powered by Blogger.

Vintage Santa Two Ways





Hi friends! Today I'm dropping in with a bit of inspiration featuring the Vintage Santa October Stamp of the Month from Not 2 Shabby. This set includes two fun Santa images, as well as several fun sentiments, and works perfectly whether you love to color or not. I typically am all about coloring images, but this Santa just looks so jolly all dressed up in red embossing, don't you think? Easy peasy!


After heat embossing the image and cutting with the coordinating Vintage Santa Dies, I pulled out a sheet of paper from the new Festive Christmas paper pad that was mostly red, cut it down to card size and then dry embossed with a snowflake embossing folder.  I then lightly sanded the embossed areas to make the snowflakes show.  I had a scrap of kraft cardstock that was stenciled with the Striped Honeycomb Background Stencil on my desk and thought it looked great with the snowflakes. So I distressed the edges, then layered the stamped image, a flower and a gold foil leaf de cut over a bit of lace.  I finished off with the Santa surveillance sentiment embossed onto a die cut tag and hung with a bit of gold cording.



For my next card, I pulled out my Copic markers  and started coloring dear old Santa.  The red for the Santa hat, as well as the holly branch are solid, so to add some color, I painted on some gloss Pops of Color in red and green.  The card layout uses EZ Wonder Die #1 cut from some Festive Christmas Paper.  I cut the circle die cut in half to create a little interest, then inked up the edges and layered onto a panel of white embossed with a snowflake embossing folder.  The sentiment is from the Mini Messages stamp set included in the Festive Christmas I Want it All Bundle. I finished with a small bow up top and some Vintage Christmas Charm Sparkling Enamel Dots.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderfully creative day!


1 comment

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great cards, love the Santa's. x