Powered by Blogger.

Pink and Black Halloween



Hi friends! I'm popping in today to share my makes from a crafty session using the Not 2 Shabby Pink & Black Halloween papers and ephemera. I loved these fun colors and have really enjoyed making Halloween cards the past several years, so couldn't wait to get this collection! It sold out quickly when it released, but is expected back in stock within the next few days.

I started with No Scraps Sketch #10 from Bourbon Creek Crafts. Her template allows you to make four cards from two pieces of 6 x 6 patterned paper.  I grabbed four gray cardstock bases to go with the Pink & Black Halloween papers and cut the papers according to the directions.

I thought the Pink & Black Halloween ephemera pieces were so fun that they needed to be the focal points of these cards.  I selected a few different ones that I liked and got to work arranging the cards.



For this first card, I brought in some black and white cardstock to mat the layers, then layered the pumpkin duo on dimensional foam tape over the pumpkin pail.  The sentiment is the Hello Word Die from the Rustic Blooms bundle.


For the next card I wanted to use this large piece of ephemera because the girls are so cute.  I pulled in a strip of black cardstock that I embossed in white with a sentiment from the Boo Sentiments stamp set. I added some doodlebug star and dot stickers for accent.


For my third card, I pulled in a black spiderweb doily from Recollections and a boo word die from Reverse Confetti, sticking with the black and white cardstock, then accenting with the Cutesy Halloween Sparkling Enamel Dots. For this card and the next, I stenciled a cobweb stencil tone on tone onto the card base.


The final card uses a Spooky Sweet sentiment embossed in white on a black circle cut out.  I added some splatters, then decided all the cards needed splatters, so masked off the main bits as best as could and splattered  with Empty Tomb and Iron Gate Mica sprays.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a super crafty weekend!

 

3 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What great and delightful cards, love the pink and black. x

Ida said...

Fun cards. The last one was so cute with that witch and cat. - Unusual color combo for Halloween but it looked great.

Shari Dancer-Thomas said...

Love the pink and black! Very pretty Halloween cards.