Powered by Blogger.

Coffee Trick or Treat Box


Hi friends! I'm popping in today with a sweet little treat box.  I just received my Pink Halloween Bundle from Not 2 Shabby and I couldn't wait to play. It includes two not to spooky paper pads and coordinating ephemera packs, a pack of Halloween sparkling enamel dots and an adorable vinyl sticker. One of the pads and ephemera is a Halloween Coffee theme, so I was definitely in!

In my YouTube wanderings the other day, I happened to run across a fabulous little gift box tutorial from Angie of Stamping with Amore. Since the box could hold 2 k-cups or a few sweet treats, I immediately thought it would be perfect to use with the Pink Halloween bundle from Not 2 Shabby. I won't go into the details of how I made the box, since Angie does a fabulous job in her tutorial and has a printable inspiration sheet you can download for all the dimensions. She's been a long time favorite channel of mine with tons of crafting tutorials.


I got to work making the box from black cardstock and using the Halloween Coffee paper pad for the layers. I did make a few tweaks to the finishing of the box. I used a velcro closure because I wanted the decor to stay intact when the box was opened, instead of the recipient having to undo the bow. So I punched a couple of small holes in just the front top flap of the box and fed the cord for my tag through  and secured on the inside with the adhesive velcro piece to cover the holes and cording.

I added a 7/8" x 4 7/8" patterned paper piece of patterned paper to the top flap to cover up the cording and holes on the front, then glued on a wide grosgrain bow in the center.

For the tag, I used a tag from Sunny Studios, then chose one of the fun coffee ephemera pieces as my focal point.  I used a yellow stitched circle to tie in the yellow from the top patterned paper and to ground the sentiment, which is a retired one from Reverse Confetti. (The yellows match much better in real life, not sure why they look so different in the photo!)  I finished off with a few star sequins.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic day! Please note, this bundle was very popular and has already sold out, but definitely put yourself on the waiting list to be notified when it's restocked. At the time of me writing this, there are still some of the Halloween Coffee Ephemera packs available individually.


1 comment

Shari Dancer-Thomas said...

What a darling gift box! Can't wait to give it a try!
I got the Not 2 Shabby Pink Halloween bundle today! Perfect timing, thanks Julee!