Powered by Blogger.

Happy Shamrock Day and Little Bunny Hello


Making a card and then stepping it up for a similar card can be a great way to get those creative juices flowing when you're lacking inspiration. Today I'm sharing a couple of cards that I did just that with using the February Paper Pad Club, Stamp/Die of the Month, and the Little Bunny Ephemera Add On.

I love St. Patrick's Day. Probably because if they hadn't decided to come a week early, my twins were scheduled for delivery on St. Patrick's Day. The NICU nurses decorated their cribs with shamrocks, so I smile each time I see one. 💚


So when I saw the Happy Shamrock Day sentiment in the Happy Spring Stamp of the Month set, I just knew I would have to make a card. I watercolored the watering can and some extra shamrocks with Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush markers.  For a little backdrop, I lightly did a wash with green and splattered some brown onto a circle die cut, then die cut my stamped images and laid them out.  The sentiment is die cut with the coordinating Happy Spring shabby snip dies.

The papers are from the Sweet Little Bunny paper pad from the February Paper Pad Club. I just love this earthy color palette and the fun mix of geometrics and spring imagery.  I matted with some brown cardstock, keeping the layout simple to let my stamped image shine.  I finished off with a few sparkle enamel dots.



For my stepped up card, I wanted a similar look and feel, so chose one of the watering can ephemera pieces from the Little Bunny Ephemera. I had a smaller scrap of the brown geometric paper, so kept the vertical panel, but shortened it.  I then created a collage with several ephemera pieces and a mini doily.  The hello sentiment is from the Happy Spring set.  For a little bit more pizazz, I wrapped some embroidery thread around the card panel and tied with a bow.  A bit of stickles and some sparkle enamel dots finish things off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastically creative day!


2 comments

Purple Princess said...

so super cute

kiwimeskreations said...

A pair of gorgeous cards Julee - love them both. The ephemera makes for a sweet addition to the stamping.
Blessings
Maxine