Powered by Blogger.

Bright Blooms



Hi friends! Today I'm sharing a bright little card to add a little sunshine to a dreary January day. It's definitely been cold and dreary here in Idaho. So I pulled out one of the stamp sets I designed for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and got to work with a fun yellow and blue color palette.

For the card, I started by stamping the image from Special Blooms in Memento ink, then coloring with Copic markers. I die cut with the coordinating dies, layering up three die cuts for dimension. The sentiment from the same set is embossed onto a circle die cut with dress blues ink and clear embossing powder. I then overstamped the circle with the Script Background stamp in limoncello ink.



The layout was inspired by Mojo Monday sketch #444. I used papers from an old paper pad from Not 2 Shabby. This one was called Lemon Brightness, but it's not currently available. I do love it, though, and am trying to use more of my ginormous stash of stamping goodies this year.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope your day is as special as you are!


3 comments

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. Love the cute little flower pot and the bright colors. TFS

Purple Princess said...

such a great design

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a pretty and cheerful card Julee - it certainly sounds as though you are having a rough winter - here we are having a real spell of hot weather, although it is raining this evening, which saves me from watering the gardens.
Blessings
Maxine