Powered by Blogger.

Jaded Blossom Monster Mini Release and a Video


Hi crafty friends! I'm excited today because there's a monster-ific new mini release at Jaded BlossomWe have four new items available in the Jaded Blossom shop! Check them all out later in this post. 


I've also uploaded my first YouTube video in almost 3 years. My boys and I have been talking a lot about homework and work ethic lately. Mainly about perfectionism, which they got a double dose of from their Dad and me. I’ve been stressing the importance of getting something turned in rather than waiting for the assignment to be perfect to turn it in. And hand in hand with that, to not let the fear of failing stop them from starting. So here I am putting my words into action with my thing I keep waiting for the stars to align in perfect formation before I start. 

I have two fun projects to share with you today, but first I'll get to the one with the video. I created this sweet monster gnome with the new Gnome Dies: Monster Add Ons 1 set. Most of the pieces are cut from colored or white cardstock and then ink blended.  Once he was done, I decided he needed a spooky background. That's where the video starts and you can watch me create it using Distress Heavyweight cardstock and Distress Oxide inks.  Feel free to watch it here on the blog or over on YouTube.



I created the background using squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, shaded lilac, dusty concord, villainous potion, and black soot distress oxide inks.  I made a circle die cut mask from a full stick post it note about the same size as the moon on the Enchanted Night Stencil Pack (this was the freebie with purchase for our release earlier this month), then got to blending.  I added the bat stencil from the same pack over it.  The hope your Halloween is monsterific sentiment is from the previously released Monster Munchies set and I embossed it in white on vellum cardstock. Then it was just a matter of popping my gnomie up on foam dots and then adding to an A2 card base.



My next project is so exciting. Since the Build a Booth concept came out, I've been wishing for a little treat box die to go with it.  It's finally here with this release and it's fantastic!  For this project, I started by creating my booth using the base Build a Booth Die and the NEW Build A Booth Dies: Monster Add Ons. Frankie was so fun to create!  I wanted to make it look like he was eating the treats, so decided to put my treat box in the front instead of behind.  It works great either way!  I used the Build a Booth pieces to decorate the new Build a Booth: Treat Box Add Ons, then glued it all together and added two of Frankie's teeth to the inside front of the box.


The sentiment is from the previously released Large Halloween Treats stamp set and cut with the coordinating outline dies. I finished off with a few teeny gems for the nails in the booth.

Okay, now let's take a look-see at the whole release...


Gnome Dies Monster Add Ons 2 $33.99

Build a Booth Monster Add Ons $21.99

Build a Booth Treat Box Add Ons $19.99


Thanks so much for checking out my projects! 

 

Make sure to check out all the design team projects by clicking on their names below.

2 comments

J Cochran said...

So Spooky! I love the vampire Dragon the most, although I love them all!

Dandi93 said...

So fun Julee, love the new sets to add to the gnome and the booth