Powered by Blogger.

Birthday Guy


Hi friends! It's time for the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps May hop over on Instagram.  This month's theme is masculine, so head over to my Insta feed and look for this card to comment and hop along for a chance to win. Read on for the creative details.



I've mentioned before that I really like creating masculine cards. A simple layout and color palette are usually where I start when creating masculine cards. Here, I took a mixed media cardstock rectangle and stamped this sentiment from Birthday Guy with archival ink. Then I coated the panel with collage matte medium, then used Distress crayons to create a background in light greens and browns.  This is matted with a rectangle cut from another mixed media session.


The background is mixed media cardstock stenciled with the oh so cool Grunge Gear Stencil.  I used walnut stain and vintage photo inks for blending.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous day. Be sure to hop along over on Instagram to see what all the other designers have come up with to inspire you.


3 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super masculine card, love the colours and great sentiment.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning masculine card Julee - I love making masculine cards also - especially steampunk style, but there aren't enough steampunk lovers in my extended family to be able to make many cards of the genre.
Blessings
Maxine

Purple Princess said...

wonderful card