Powered by Blogger.

Soft and Subtle Sympathy


Hi sweet friends! Today I'm popping in to share a little inspiration with my new Forever Loved stamp and die set. It seems like I've needed a lot more sympathy cards lately, and so I'm on a mission to replenish my stash. 

For this card, I wanted a soft subtle look, so decided on a pink and grey color combo. The flower and greenery from Forever Loved were stamped on cardstock, then colored with Zig clean color real brush markers. The paper MATTERS with these markers, and remember when I mentioned the other day that I mistakenly stamped on Neenah instead of Bristol Smooth? This is one of the cards I made with those images. I ended up sticking with the process, just doing a lot more marker on marker blending instead of using water. With the magic of a white gel pen I was able to finally achieve a result I was pretty happy with. I then cut the images out with the coordinating die set and set aside.

For the sentiment panel, I used the new Leaf Branch Stencil with pumice stone ink for a soft background, then cut with a circle die and blended tattered rose ink around the edges. I then heat set everything, used a healthy dose of my powder tool, and embossed the sentiment with black ink and clear embossing powder.

For the card base, I used the same stencil with weathered wood ink and a very light touch on fog cardstock. I love the soft look of it. I then added a white circle mat to my sentiment panel to make it bring the eye in. I fiddled with the flower and leaf die cuts until I liked the arrangement, then glued them down and finished off with a fun sprinkling of sequins.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to create something. If you're in the mood to shop, be sure to take advantage of earlybird savings through March 9!

2 comments

kiwimeskreations said...

A gorgeous card Julee - love the soft colours and the beautiful arrangement of the elements
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Purple Princess said...

so beautiful