Powered by Blogger.

Flower Child

Hey friends! I'm popping in with a card for the Sassy & Crafty release! Seven  brand new stamp sets and six stencils are available in the shop.


I love whimsical flower stamps, so the new Flower Child set is totally up my alley.  This stay trippy little hippy sentiment cracked me up as soon as I read it, so I just had to use it.

I colored the sweet flower child image with Copic markers, then trimmed with scissors.  I also colored a few of the flowers from the set in coordinating colors, then fussy cut and added some white gel pen accents before layering behind and in front of the girl.  


Next I had some stencil fun! One of my favorite things from the 70's were those beads hanging down from doorways. My first memory of them was at a friend's house when I was only four, I'm pretty sure anything sparkly caught my eye at that age! When I think about it, not much has changed over the years. LOL Anyhow, the previously released Party Time Stencil totally reminds me of those beads, so I thought it would make the perfect backdrop for my sweet flower girl.  I stenciled with pink & yellow distress oxides, then accented the "beads" with nuvo glitter drops.

I really wanted the girl to shine, so I aligned the Comic Book Stencil on a panel so that the center would be near where I wanted to place her head, then blended distress oxides for a little radiant background.  Some black mats for contrast finish off this fun card.

There's a whole lot of goodness in this release, so be sure to head on over to the shop to see it all! 

2 comments

Purple Princess said...

so fun and cute

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card - love how you have used this cute image Julee, and the stenciled backgrounds are fabulous
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine