Powered by Blogger.

Rainbow Toucan

Hi friends! Today I'm popping in with another favorite card from my time on the Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen. The theme for this gallery was New Kid on the Block, and I was inspired to use the acrylic block technique for a fun rainbow background.


I started by coloring an acrylic block in rainbow colors using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I then spritzed lightly to let the colors blend and smooshed onto a panel of white cardstock.  I put a book over the block to weigh it down and waited a few minutes to let the colors really blend and transfer.


When that was dry, I embossed the Fishing Net Bold Prints in white over the background, then inked up the edges with black ink for contrast and depth.

The toucan and greenery are from the Hello Toucan set, and are colored with Copic markers, then cut with the coordinating frame cuts.

The background for the card is done on paradise cardstock, then I took one of the small marks stamps from the set and stamped it repeatedly in Antigua for a fun background. I then did a little more sponging around the edges, then layering together and adding the thinking of you sentiment embossed on black cardstock to finish things off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulously creative day.

If you shop through the affiliated links below I get a small percentage of the sale price at no cost to you! It's not a lot, but it does help pay the monthly fees for the linkup widget for Mojo Monday and other web and email services that help me keep Mojo Monday running smoothly! Thanks so much! 💙

1 comment

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great background Julee - love the 'net' you have embossed over it, and the gorgeous toucan is perfect against the strong colours you used.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine