Powered by Blogger.

Hello Sweet Friend

Hi friends! Happy Wednesday! This month is a much lighter load than I've had for a while in design team work, so that means I get to just play in my studio part of the time this month! Woohoo!  I haven't played around in non-DT challenges for a while, so for today's card I was inspired by the Gina K. February Monthly Mix Challenge. The challenge is Just Add Texture, and this card definitely has that in spades!


The Friendship Blooms partnership set from Gina K. Designs and Hero Arts has been on my wishlist since it released, and I finally got a chance to pick it up! I love every little thing about this set from the glorious floral image to the beautiful sentiments. I also recently added the new colors of Lindy's Magicals to my collection and couldn't wait to do a patina look with a few of them.


I started with watercolor paper, sprinkling first the dephinium turquoise, then the edelweiss moss green, and then the bayou boogie gold and spritzing and drying in between colors.  I did a couple layers of color, then embossed the large floral sentiment in gold. 

Next I fussy cut just around one side of the stamped image and set aside.  I pulled out some White Glitz glitter gel and a stencil and got to work on the background. This was the first time I tried the glitter gel and wowza... it's so beautiful! Love that shimmer!  When it was dry I used the same colors of Magicals over the stenciled background. When that was dry, I added in a bit of sandra dee sepia Magicals and then blended some broken china, peeled paint, and vintage photo distress oxides to deepen the colors around the edges.


The sentiment is embossed in gold embossing powder onto a circle die cut, then sponged and roughed up a bit with vintage photo ink.  I added the stamped piece over the top of the background with foam tape, then finished off with a seam binding bow and some distressed edges.

Such a fun card to make, and I still have a little turquoise ink under my fingernails! 😆 Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous day!

If you shop through the affiliated links below I get a small percentage of the sale price at no cost to you! It's not a lot, but it does help pay the monthly fees for the linkup widget for Mojo Monday and other web and email services that help me keep the blog running smoothly! Thanks so much! 💙

7 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A STUNNING card, love all the details.
Faith x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A wonderful vintage look!

Purple Princess said...

So very pretty!!

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW! This is gorgeous, Julee! Love the colors and texture! Thank you so much for playing along with this months challenge at Gina K. Designs!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning work Julee, and it's good to hear you have some time to just 'play'
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is gorgeous, love the patina look!

Bernie F said...

This is a gorgeous card! wow! Thank you for sharing and you deserve the win in the challenge!