Powered by Blogger.

Keeping Christmas Tags

It's the 25th of the month and time again to join some of my crafty friends for our monthly Keeping Christmas Inspiration Hop! The idea of the hop is to both to bring you a little dose of holiday inspiration throughout the year and also have some Christmas cards and projects in our stash all ready to go for December 2018. If you've already been hopping along, you should have arrived from Claire's blog. If you're just popping in, read on for all the details!

Updated photo. Capturing the foil shimmer without losing the white balance is tricky. :)


I can't believe we're already half way through the year! I've been a little heads down this month preparing to close Verve for good on June 30th. So when the reminder popped up for this hop, I was taken by surprise once again!  LOL  How can I forget every single month? Maybe I'll be a little less forgetful in my "retirement"! Haha!

Anyway, for my June installment, I decided to do some pretty tags to add to handmade gifts. The pretty plaid paper is from the Prima Sweet Peppermint collection. I recently added some printable PDFs with purchase of our remaining die sets that no longer have coordinating stamps, so was pretty excited to pull our my Minc machine to do some foiling on these snowflakes that come with the Snowflake Tidings Die Set. Foiling is the equivalent magic of embossing to me, so I just *might* have gotten distracted and foiled and die cut an entire sheet of snowflakes! So. Much. Fun.

Keeping up with my quest to start using the mountain of blank tags I keep accumulating, I pulled out a couple of tags, cut the plaid paper to 2.5" x 3.25", then inked the edges of everything with antique linen distress ink and glued them together. Next I inked up my foiled and die cut snowflakes and added some flowers from my stash to the centers.  I cut a border of white using the Lacey Trim Duo die set, sponged with antique linen and cut to the size of the tags for the bottom border.  I wrapped some pink & white divine twine around the top four or five times and then tied in a bow.


The sentiments are printed from the Winter Peace DIGITAL Set and die cut with stiched dies, before adding to the tags. I topped them with long twine strings so I can tie them onto gifts come Christmas time.

Okay, now it's time to hop along and check out all the other fabulous posts on the hop. I'm so excited to hop along and see everyone's creations! The hop is hosted on the fabulous Kelly Lunceford's blog, so head over there to start from the beginning. Or continue on to visit Lori Tecler if you've already been hopping along!


Lesley Croghan (taking a break)
Anita Madden (taking a break)
Julee Tilman {You are here}
Kim Heggins (taking a break)

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Enabler's List
Stamps: Winter Peace DIGITAL Set, Snowflake Tidings Printable (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Sweet Peppermint (Prima), white, blank tag
Ink: laser printer, antique linene (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Snowflake Tidings die set, Lacey Trim Duo die set (A Cut Above by VERVE), stitched dies (Cottage Cutz), flowers (Wild Orchid designs), pink baker's twine (Divine Twine), pink Minc foil and Mini Minc machine (Heidi Swapp)

6 comments

Chrisd said...

Such sweetness for tags.

Christine said...

The soft colors are so pretty! I pinned your tags as a reminder to use that lacy trim die on tags...it's a great touch!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous Christmas tags. Love the soft colors and the design with the snowflakes and lacy trim die. TFS

Kelly Lunceford said...

I love me some pastel Christmas and these tags are just divine! Gorgeous!

Purple Princess said...

So very pretty!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous tags - love the colours you have chosen to use
Blessings
Maxine