Powered by Blogger.

Hopping By

Hi friends! I'm hopping in with a quick little card I made with a sentiment from the Hip Hop Bunnies stamp set and the Wings & Petals Printable that is free with puchase of the Wings & Petals die set. These butterflies have always been a favorite of mine. The release that they were originally in back in 2008 was a turning point for me. It was the first time I started to feel like I was a "real" artist.


We had hired a local graphic designer to redesign our logo and complete a branding package when we switched our name from Verve Visual to Verve Stamps. Let's say it was an epic fail. The gal was late, did not complete any of the designs we had discussed and when she finally sent a working proof of the logo it was nothing usable. That's when I realized I really should just do it myself. Unfortunately, the gal made me pay up front and we never received anything for our money. A tough lesson learned, but I dug in and created our logo myself and then designed our new packaging , which I still love 10 years later (a few little tweaks through the years, but still basically the same).

Anyhow, the butterflies are colored with Zig clean color real brush markers and a Wink of Stella glitter pen. I cut them with the coordinating Wings & Petals die set and then accented with  white enamel drops and some flatback pearls.

The sentiment is stamped on white, then cut out and accented with black enamel dots and matted with black. For the background I masked off a regtangle in the center, then stenciled the plaid layering stencil with squeezed lemonade and fossilized amber distress oxide. I thne did another layer with dot fade layering stencil in peacock feathers.  I added a thin black mat to the panel and finished off by layering it all together. Easy peasy and super fun!


In other news, I've been working on making printables for the dies who no longer have matching stamp sets, and I pulled together a few new DIGITAL sets that are available in the store and 55% off.  I haven't yet had a chance to create with them, but hope to do a little creating this weekend!



Land of Liberty is a completely new Americana themed set, which was slated to be a stamp set, but plans changed when I decided to close the shop. The smaller cups in this set coordinate with the Cup of Cheer Die Set. Three Cheers is a digital set we offered for a limited time in the summer of 2016, but I had planned to bring it back this summer. Coffee or Tea is a redesign of the popular One Cup stamp set, adding in sentiments for coffee lovers as well as tea lovers.  It also coordinates with the Cuppa Tea Die Set.

Okay, that's all for today! I hope you have a fantastic start to your weekend!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Hip Hop Bunnies, Wings & Petals Printable (Verve Stamps)
Paper: smooth bristol (Canson) Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: squeezed lemonade, fossilized amber, peacock feathers (Ranger Distress Oxides), intense black (Hero Arts), clear Wink of Stella glitter pen, Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush markers (Zig)
Accessories: Wings & Petals die set (A Cut Above by VERVE), plaid and dot fade layering stencils (Tim Holtz), flat back pearls, nuvo enamel drops, enamel dots

6 comments

JoAnn said...

Very pretty with those lovely butterflies. I love your logo and think you did a terrific job with it and with your stamp designs. Love using my Verve stamps and dies.

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful in design and movement Julee! Love the plaid backdrop and popped up butterflies. Thank you for sharing your business stories~it's amazing how God blessed your work all these years. I consider your company one of the top in quality, consistency and honor.

CherylQuilts said...

Julee, I love this stamp set and will always love it! These sweet butterflies are so beautifully designed and so versatile. Yes, you learned a hard lesson, but we know that God uses them to ultimately bless us...and He has blessed you. You are an amazing woman (a Proverbs 31 woman), and you've worked so hard and been such an inspiration. I love your artwork and love your logo...and will cherish my last piece of turquoise tissue wrap with the sparkle. I agree with Marlena in her evaluation of your company and will always love Verve...my stamps...but most of all, YOU! What a sweet card, and I love how you paired it with the darling sentiment from Hip Hop Bunnies! Darling! Hugs and love, and have a good weekend!! xoxo

Heather S. said...

So good to see you creating and sharing - these last weeks must have been a blur. Beautiful card. Love the cheery color combo.

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful butterflies!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Easy peasy and super fun maybe, but also super stunning - love this card
Blessings
Maxine