Powered by Blogger.

Here to Stay is the New Bird

Hi friends! It's Monday again and the start of a holiday week. It seems it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without our whole family fighting a respiratory illness. All my boys are home sick today and get Wednesday through Friday off anyway, so it's a super short week for me. I'm hoping we'll all recuperate enough by Thursday to do the turkey dinner trot to both families' events. :)


I wandered into my studio yesterday afternoon and played a bit with the new Good Cheer DIGITAL Set. I had visions of making a slew of cards, but only had enough energy to finish up this one. This little new bird totally makes me smile, so I had to start with him.


I had already printed the Good Cheer DIGITAL set out on cardstock with my laser printer and colored with Copics, so it was just a matter of cutting out the images.  I used circle dies for the sentiment and holly and decided to fussy cut the birdie.  A couple pieces of a patterned paper layered over a white dry embossed panel completes the layout and I tucked in a partial glitter snowflake and topped it off with a sweet little bow.

Here's what the printable PDF of the Good Cheer digi looks like printed (coloring for display purposes only - I colored these on the couch while the boys were watching football). The sentiments in this set were so fun to design - I just love the whimsical look to them. And bonus... all digis are on sale through the end of the month and we now have 8 sets to choose from!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful start to your week!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Good Cheer DIGITAL Set (Verve Stamps)
Paper: white (Neenah), North Pole and Home for the Holidays (Doodlebug)
Ink: laser printer, Copic markers
Accessories: stitched circles STAX (MFT), Season's Greetings embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Christmas Ribbon (American Crafts), snowflake (Recollections)


4 comments

Purple Princess said...

What an adorable bird!

JoAnn said...

Lovely card with that cute bird. Love all the design elements.
Sure hope your boys are well soon and you have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving.

Marisa said...

So sorry to hear you are all sick :( Hope you all feel better so you can enjoy Thanksgiving...((hugs)). Adore the touch of silver glitter and love the snowflake paper!

CherylQuilts said...

Julee, I'm so sorry when you are sick, and I pray and trust that you are feeling better. It's so hard during the holiday rush to be fighting off respiratory issues. But I'm so glad you got to make this adorable little new bird, and what a sweet card! I love the simple and cute layout with the DP and the embossing! Love the snowflake. Sweetness!! Hugs and love! xoxo