Eat More Cupcakes

Hi friends! I've got a fun little card to share today. This past weekend, I was inspired by the inspiration photo at The Challenge and had to pull out the Cupcakes set. The bright colors seemed like a bit of a challenge and I was up for a little something out of my comfort zone. {grin} I've since pulled off these colors with a bit more pizzazz, but you'll have to wait a while to see that! Anyhow, back to the card... I stamped the bottom in turquoise and the tops in pink repeatedly, then fussy cut them and applied some Nuvo crystal drops to the icing and dusted with glitter.


Next I stamped the sentiment in coordinating inks and then cut and matted with square dies. I fussed with the layout of the cupcakes for quite some time before gluing them down. This seemed more balanced, but I had envisioned a big giant pyramid of cupcakes. Maybe just wishful thinking! LOL

The side strip is grosgrain ribbon with an extra loop and I finished off the embellishments with some enamel dots and a puffy heart sticker, giving it that tweenage flair I was going for.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! The boys are keeping me super busy. After a weekend in red air quality and lots of coughing for our ashtmatic family, the air quality is finally only in yellow today so I think we might just brave leaving the house!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Cupcakes (Verve Stamps)
Paper: designer paper, black, watercolor paper
Ink: lost lagoon and coral rose (Altenew)
Accessories: ribbon (SU!), square dies, enamel dots, Nuvo crystal drops, glitter, puffy heart sticker

2 comments

  1. I love how you were inspired, Julee! The colours and the festive feel of your card is just perfect! Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top