Powered by Blogger.

Pretty in Pink for Lesley

Hi friends! Today's card is a sweet little baby card for Lesley, who's welcoming a baby girl in just a couple short weeks.  There's a baby shower blog hop that's been going on and although I'm late to the party, I'm sneaking in at the end because I wouldn't want to miss a chance to wish this very sweet new Mama all the best with her new bundle of love!

No automatic alt text available.

Lesley, you're one of the most inspiring people I know. You are so sweet, creative, caring and handle pressure with such grace and poise. All things your daughter will grow up to admire and appreciate. Enjoy this new little chapter in your life... it's as rewarding as it is challenging.




For my card, I started with some distress and distress oxide inks in pinks and a fabriano watercolor notecard. I smooshed the inks and spritzed and dried and fussed until it was just like I wanted.  Next I embossed the frame and sentiment from To the Moon in white in the center of the card.

I then stamped the giraffe and scarf in archival ink, then watercolored with distress inks and hand trimmed to pop up in the frame.  A bit of glitter on the spots and a crinkled seam binding bow with button center finish things off.


Enabler's List
Stamps: To the Moon (Verve Stamps)
Paper: fabriano watercolor note card, white
Ink: worn lipstick, picked raspberries, fesive berries distress ink, black archival ink (Ranger), Versamark
Accessories: white embossing powder (JudiKins), crystal drops (Nuvo), crinkled seam binding, button, twine

3 comments

Lesley said...

Thank you so much, Julee! This is such a pretty card and I love that amazing background! Less than 2 weeks to go! I cannot believe how quickly it has gone by! I am looking forward to getting back to crafting and to Verve! I miss my stamps so much! xo

Purple Princess said...

Adorable!

JoAnn said...

So cute. Love the background and pretty bow.