Powered by Blogger.

Happy Halloween

Hi friends! Hope you're having a great week. I've had a couple of days in a row where everything that can go wrong does go wrong. And I think my stormy mood took over this card just a bit!  I've said before that although I've never been much of a Halloween fan, crafting for this holiday is starting to grow on me.  And a spooky goth dressform floating in the air seemed like the perfect start to a Halloween card.


I embossed the gown image from Everything Nice in gold on crumb cake cardstock, then cut with the coordinating Gown Die.  I colored in the stripes for a ghostly effect with a white stabilo pencil and added a bit of grunge around the edges with a black pencil.

The background started with some Tim Holtz designer paper, then I used a web layering stencil over it with black soot and dry brushed inka gold randomly over the whole thing, adding a bit of tissue tape and some more black ink for a little texture.  The sentiment is embossed in gold onto a frame image I fussy cut from a My Mind's Eye paper pad.  I brushed a little inkagold on it and cut a rose from some black lace for the corner (also brushed with inkagold).


I used the same lace trim below my floating dressform, adding a bit of cheesecloth behind the frame. I thought it was finished at this point and took photos, but then decided the dress got lost a bit in the background, so added half a gold spider web doily behind the dress to make it pop a bit more. Still not sure which way I like best.  LOL  Either way, lots of distressing on the edges and a few teeny rhinestones at the waistline finish things off.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you have a fabulous, everything goes the way you hoped kind of day!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Everything Nice (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Lost and Found Halloween (My Mind's Eye) Materialize Tim Holtz paper pad (Advantus), black, crumb cake, cream
Ink: versamark, black soot distress (Ranger), Inkagold
Accessories: Gown Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), Tim Holtz tissue tape (Advantus), lace trim, rhinestones, gold spiderweb doily (Recollections), cheesecloth

No comments