Powered by Blogger.

Friday Mojo

Hi friends!  Happy Friday.  Today I'm popping in with a card I made for this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  My boys have been super sick all week and home from school, so this card was made in 5 minutes each morning over the course of the entire week!  It's really the only tangible thing I have to show for the week, so I'm blogging it.  LOL The boys are improving finally, but we're still doing breathing treatments every 4 hours around the clock. Hopefully they'll be good enough for school on Monday, because Mama needs a break!  :)


The stamps are from the Boo to You set and I pulled out my favorite Halloween papers from the Mischievous line.  I embossed in white on black, then rubbed a little white ink with my fingers to give the chalkboard effect, then decided to add the Happy Halloween strip with a coordinating blue paper.  I stenciled on a bit of tumbled glass with a burlap stencil over the background paper to draw in some of the blue color.  I accented with bitty rhinestones, liquid pearls and a lot of distressing.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful start to your weekend.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Boo to You (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Mischievous (MME), basic black (SU!)
Ink: tumbled glass (Ranger), black, versamark
Accessories: Stitched Circles Stax (MFT), white embossing powder (JudiKins), bitty rhinestones, pape distresser, liquid pearls, wide striped ribbon (SU!)

4 comments

Marisa said...

I am continually impressed by how you can put things together in no time under diress and have them look amazing! A difinite example of your amazing talent and creativity!! Adore the chalkboard, distressing and pops of orange bling. Here's hoping the boys get much better over the weekend and you can all get some much needed sleep ((hugs))!!

Maureen said...

chalkboard ghosts? Shut the front door! Love them! Hey, I just noticed the new blog makeover! It's so stylish and fabulous, especially the avatar! You're gorgeous! ox

Nancy said...

What a super card Julee! The host are awesome! So sorry to hear that both boys are sick again! If it gives you hope in anyway, my son had asthma ( onset by illness) when he was younger and I felt he lived on his nebulizer....it became a permanent fixture in our home. One year he missed like 45 days of school however he out grew it by middle school. We are not sure if playing a wind instrument (Saxophone) helped, but this momma thinks so. The nebulizer never come out again. So, my point...it will get better.... or sign those boys up for music lessons! LOL ;)

D- said...

Your card is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
I hope your sweet boys are feeling better! Take care of yourself.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot