Powered by Blogger.

Sham-ROCKED

Hi friends!  Happy Tuesday!  I'm popping in today with my card for this week's Viva la Verve March Week 2 sketch.  With the kiddos being sick, I didn't get a chance to post this on Friday and it was a very special card for our St. Patrick's Day Diva, Maureen!


I paired a sentiment from the brand new Better Together set with the Lucky You set to make this Sham-rocking card.  Moe not only loves shamrocks, but doilies are totally her thing, so I had to use one for the circle on this sketch.  I made my five horizontal layers from varying shades of green cardstock, punching each one with a border punch and stamping the polka dot background strip above it.  The shamrocks from Lucky You are stamped in Wild Wasabi, cut with the coordinating Shamrock Die Set and then coated with glossy accents and sprinkled with glitter.  I accented things with a ton of sequins and teeny tiny bling and finished off with a seam binding bow.

Well, the kiddos are feeling better than last week, but they are DEFINITELY two... and letting everybody know about it!  Hyper... assertive... PICKY... determined.... always whining (in stereo)... and in a constant state of motion. I. am. so. exhausted.  {grin}  Hoping a nice trip to Target (which just happens to be near Dutch Bros. Coffee) today will keep them entertained and mama sane.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Better Together, Lucky You (Verve)
Paper: kiwi kiss, lucky limeade, old olive, pear pizazz, wild wasabi, basic gray (SU!)
Ink: kiwi kiss, lucky limeade, old olive, pear pizazz, wild wasabi (SU!)
Accessories: Shamrock Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Autumn Elements Ribbon Collection (Verve), Classic Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Daisy Scallop Border Punch (EK Success), paper doily, sequins (Avery Elle), teeny bling, liquid pearls, glossy accents, dazzling diamonds

6 comments

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the shamrocks and the pretty sentiment. Can't wait for my set to arrive to play with.

Ravengirl said...

I love, love, love those shamrocks! Good luck at Target today!

Maureen said...

I will never get tired of looking at this, Julee. I just love everything thoughtful bit of detail. Thank you! I hope the boys are still lovers of shopping and you have a great outing! ox

Tricia T said...

Adorable card, Julee! Enjoy your coffee!

Marisa said...

Loving this all over again :) The green sequins are too fun! Have a great outing today - mommy sanity is a must! If they have local kids programs where they can blow some steam by running around etc. they are great. Used to put my son in them to burn him out a bit LOL! Enjoy a cuppa brew :)

Lynn said...

Julee, this is the perfect card for Moe! I love all of the gorgeous details especially all the sequins. So glad your little guys are feeling better!