Powered by Blogger.

Gathered From the Heart

Happy Thursday!  Today I've got something super fun to share with you!  Kelleigh released this Gathered Box Template Set & Cutting Files over at The Digichick today and I couldn't wait to try it out!


I used the SVG Cutting files and SCAL software to cut the box with my Cricut Expression.  The paper I used is from the DCWV Botanical Stack (such gorgeous paper).  Then it was simply a matter of folding on the scored lines, sponging the edges and assembling.  I tied it together with some cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon, then tied on the Sweet Scallop Tag (embossed with a sentiment from Bloom & Grow set) with some gold cording.  (I made the small mat for the tag by tracing the die in pencil on espresso cardstock and trimming with scissors.)  Then I layered some gold cording loops, a prima flower, a glass glitter star and some triple pearl stick pins on top for a focal piece.

I made a slight adjustment to the original template by rounding both corners of the top of the box with my 1/2" Corner Chomper.  (I did this after the box was assembled, and the corner chomper went through all the layers easily).  Then I added a litttle tag (cut with the Sentiment Flags die from Lil' Inker Designs) and stamped with the from the heart sentiment from Happy Phrases.  The heart is punched from the Lots of Love SU! punch and I added a few shiny gold pearls then clipped on with a mini library clip.

This was so fun to make and came together for me in less than half an hour!  And the best part of the box is that it has a flap that opens from the bottom, so the receiver doesn't have to mess with removing all the pretty ribbons.  It's the perfect size to tuck a little gift card and a little chocolate square in (which is exactly what I intend to do), so double YAY!!!

And to celebrate National Scrapbooking Weekend, The Digichick has a fabulous sale going on!  You can pick up most everything in the store, including the Gathered Box template I used today at a 30% discount  (add the item to your cart to see the discount).  I look forward to their sales when I can stock up on the products I've been adding to my wishlist.  So in the spirit of proper enabling, here's a few items I'm purchasing today which I'm sure you'll be seeing here in the future.  Can't wait to play with these digi papers and cutting files!


Okay, enough rambling. I'm sure you've got things to do and I KNOW I've got things to do. So here's the cliff's notes on that pretty picture you saw up there. {grin}


Enabler's List:
Stamps: Bloom & Grow, Happy Phrases (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Botanical Stack (DCWV), Early espresso (SU!)
Ink: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Coffee Archival (Ranger)
Accessories: Gathered Box Template Set & Cutting Files (Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs), Sweet Scallop Tag Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Sentiment Flags Die (Lil' Inker Designs), Lots of Love punch, mini library clip, cherry cobbler seam binding, gold cording (SU!), flower (Prima), glass glitter star (Frost It Pink), clear detail embossing powder (Judikins), SCAL software (CraftEdge), Cricut Expression (ProvoCraft), triple pearl stick pins (Maya Road)

14 comments

KimCreate said...

WOW. STUNNING. I'm going to lift your idea to trace around the die to make a mat for the tag!
Your embellishments are so so pretty.
Kim

Marisa said...

Yummy DP and your flower/ribbon piece is amazing :) Glad you can sneak in from the bottom as I'd hate to have to mess that beauty up. I'm sure the recipient will love it :)

Crestajune said...

Completely gorgeous!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous! I was eyeing that template, too, but I would never have been able to create such a masterpiece as this!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

This is so gorgeous, Julee!! Thank you so much for playing with my template and showing it off on your blog! You rock!!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful Julee! Love the little box and how you embellished it!

Niki Estes said...

Julee, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors and all your embellishments!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is stunning. Your embellishments and tag are gorgeous

Debbie Carriere said...

Julee, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love how you embellished & that you can open from the bottom is perfect :)

Carolyn said...

Your embellishment are so cute! Completely gorgeous!

San Diego Mobile Notary

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous! This is beautiful, Julee! Thanks for the links!!!

Vickie Z said...

Whoa... less than 30 minutes... THAT is why you are the Supreme Diva!! It would take me that long just to think of everything!! Gorgeous, love the embellies...perfect!! Opening at the bottom is perfect too...hate to mess up all that gorgeousness!!

Heidi said...

WOW this is beautiful Julee!

Daria said...

Какая красота!!! I love it!!