Powered by Blogger.

The Little Things

Happy Tuesday!  I've been itching to create something other than a card for a while now, so I pulled out the large Tapered Box Template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff and printed it with some gorgeous digi papers from the Le Petit Oiseau collection by Sugarplum Paperie.  I love how these papers looked together in the preview, so I made a little strip of 1" squares with the digi papers and printed it in the margins of the template for my main panel accent.

Once I cut and scored my template, I sponged all of the scored areas with some Pumice Stone distress ink.  Next I used my new Journal Plate + Brackets punch from EK Success to punch a little tag from the same paper design as the base of the template.  I embossed the "It's the little things that matter most" sentiment from Relax in black, then added some Pumice Stone sponging and hand cut a thin black mat for it.


I've been seeing these gorgeous handmade flowers all over blogland, but still hadn't given it a shot myself.  I've watched a few different tutorials on these, and probably took a bit from all of them, since I just winged it.  To start I punched 3 flowers from the orange paper in Le Petit Oiseau using the SU! large flower punch.  I freehand cut a couple leaves out of the green paper, then lightly sponged the edges with Crushed Olive distress ink for a little depth.  The flower is crimped and folded and layered until I achieved the look I wanted from each petal, then I stuck a Maya Road black pearl stick pin through the center. I wanted a little more distressing, so I painted the petals with some Rock Candy crackle paint and let it dry.  I also punched two 1/8" circle punches in the top flap of the box and weaved the stick pin through those holes to secure it.  I finished off by punching a small circle in the sentiment tag, then tying it around the flower with some black burlap string.

Okay, that's it for today!  Hope you have a fabulously creative day!

What's In It?
Stamps: Relax (Verve)
Paper: Le Petit Oiseau digital papers (Sugarplum Paperie), Black cardstock
Ink: Black Soot, Crushed Curry, Pumice Stone (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Tapered box Template (Kelligh Ratzlaff Designs), beaded hat pin (Maya Road), Journal Plate & Brackets label punch (EK Success), burlap string, ribbon, Rock Candy crackle paint (Ranger)

10 comments

Basement Stamper said...

Whoever receives a little gift in here will cherish that box, it's gorgeous!

Nicole Seitler said...

I think I just fainted. :D

I saw this posted on FB and I came to leave you love just because the tiny thumbnail looked so pretty. And then surprise, surprise! you used my papers. You seriously amaze me with your papercrafting talent. Excuse me while try to I pick myself up off the floor now. ;D

Alma de la Rosa said...

This is jaw-dropping!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wowwwwww, this is gorgeous!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

This is just so amazing!!! I LOVE that flower!! Thanks so much for using my template.

Deborah Young said...

Your flower is just amazing! And your new pic is sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Julee I believe you are a true artist and am always amazed by your work. You just know how to combine things perfectly. Because I daily receive such joy seeing your latest projects I'm nominating you for the Sunshine Award. To redeem your prize please go to my blog at:

http://cindyloustampingguru.typepad.com/cindy_lou_stamping_guru/2010/04/sunshine-award.html

All the best!

Cindy Grantham

Janelle Stollfus said...

Hey Julee. This KR box is amazing! YOU are amazing. I love the flower and it sounds super easy, I'm going to try it out.

Scrapping Haven said...

What a great box. I love the flower.
Hugs,
Ray

BGalindo said...

Love the complete design. I've been into the handmade flower for awhile and this one is excellent. Great project all around. I'll be adding this one as one of my favorites. Thank you.