Powered by Blogger.

It's a New Dawn, It's a New Day

Happy Friday! Do you have any special plans for your Easter weekend? We're hanging out with family on Sunday, but I'm looking forward to my first weekend off from Verve in many, many months! Hooray! And I just had two boxes of SU! stuff arrive on my doorstep, so I might even find a little time to try out my new goodies! Today I have another hybrid project for you. I've done a lot of hybrid lately, but I totally have these fun hybrid projects I've been working on to thank for completely pulling me out of my funk finally! I've been really depressed for a while and having a hard time feeling motivated to stamp, and then like a light bulb (or maybe just the sun finally starting to shine!) my mojo lit up and I'm having a ball in my craft room again! I think it's probably just the natural ebb and flow of a creative soul, but I sure do like the sunny days better than the dark ones! :)



Well today's project has no stamping involved, but I absolutely LOVE how it turned out! I usually feel a little awkward if there isn't a stamp somewhere on my project, but these digi elements are so gorgeous that I didn't think there was anything to add. My inspiration was this New Day digi kit by Elise's Pieces Designs. I absolutely fell in love with the butterflies as soon as I saw the kit and had to download it. I spent a few minutes in Photoshop layering a few little elements for the main design. I loved this word art sentiment from the kit, which says, "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. " I thought it would be perfect for a graduation or even a just because gift. And then I layered the little digi vellum tag over it, to highlight the Enjoy the little things part and added a little strip element behind. I printed this on plain white paper so I could make a card, then also copied the elements onto the Triangle Tube Template from Kelleigh Ratzlaff and used some of this gorgeous blue striped paper from the New Day kit. I made sure to print a couple extra butterflies to pop up, then accented them with rhinestones and chocolate pearls.



For the card, I sponged around the edges of my printed panel with Vintage Photo distress ink, then matted on Chocolate Chip cardstock. I added a trio of chocolate pearls to the top corner and finished off with some stampin' up! moss taffeta.



For the triangle tube I tied a bow of the same moss taffeta ribbon around the assembled box and then used a crop-a-dile to set a jumbo eyelet through the top of the box. I looped a piece of ribbon through the eyelet for a little pull tab to open the box.

Okay, I hope y'all have a fabulous Easter weekend! Thanks for stopping by! :)

28 comments

Cheryl said...

WOW,the colours are stunning and the butterfly is gorgeous!!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Your latest projects are BEAUTIFUL!!! Love that triangle box!!

Robin McK said...

These are so lovely! That butterfly is stunning! TFS

Dawn Easton said...

Julee, these are beautiful! I'm glad you are feeling more chipper and your mojo has returned(although I never noticed it disappear)

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

julee, no depression allowed!! i'm glad you are getting back into the swing of things! these projects are gorgeous!

Lynda Benden said...

ACK Julee, these are AWESOME! WOW, the butterflies are beautiful and the colors, fantastic!!! I LOVE all your little extra fun details, just gorgeous! Happy Easter to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Sing it Michael!!! (you got that right?) This project is amazing, I love everything about it! You are the Mojo!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is sooo beautiful! You are really tempting me to "go digital!" Love the projects, chocolate pearls, and that butterfly is gorgeous!

Jenn said...

OMGoodness Julee!! These are GORGEOUS!!! Have a great holiday weekend!!

Debbie Lee said...

Those are so beautiful - soft, subtle colors, but beautiful elements... something absolutely gorgeous abt the butterfly. It's the perfect element. :)

Riet said...

what a gorgeous cards Julee,l love the papers.

hugs Riet.x

Kim said...

Unbeleivably beautiful!

Jackie said...

Wow, those are absolutely beautiful!!!

gabs said...

love your projects!

Amy said...

oh my gosh, these are stunning Julee! I'm sending you a great big hug...I'm so happy you are feeling better!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Julee! WOW! I know what you mean about the lack of sun and no mojo. . .can't wait for the sun to stay!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty!

Beth Norman said...

This set is absolutely fabulous!! I've been depressed lately too. When it snowed last week, it was downhill from there. I stopped my sunlamp way too early in the spring. If you haven't tried a lamp, I really recommend it.

Bethany Paull said...

Julee, these are beautiful! That is the most amazing card I've ever seen. I just want to stare at it! And a beautiful, very true sentiment.

Bev J. said...

Great project and I really like the colors used and the beautiful butterfly. Happy Easter!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Stunning card - I love the colours and the butterflies

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - Julee - this is GORGEOUS!!! Love it :)

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!!! Hugs ~Silke~

Karen Lindsay said...

These are absolutely beautiful! Ya know....I having been hoping that someone would take pity on "digital dummies" like me and do step-by-step tutorials on how to do projects like this. I have collected papers, elements and templates, but I have absolutely no idea how to use them. I know I'm not the only one out here in cyber world. I know there are "how-to's" for digial scrapbooking, but I don't have the time to sit down and learn like that. I think you could sell more templates and more of the goodies that go with them to create beautiful things like you have here, if they came with step-by-step visual instructions to help us attain instant gratification. Whaddya think?

Karen L.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous project, Julee :) Glad the sun is shining and the mojo came out to play. Enjoy the "SON shine" and time with family this Easter weekend. It's such a truly blessed and amazing celebration of resurrection glory!!! (((hugs)))

Kelly Lunceford said...

These are beautiful and I never would have known that there wasn't any stamping! Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

Zarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Unbelievable, Julee!! So beautiful!