Powered by Blogger.

Keeping Christmas with Tidings of Joy


January is always about making little commitments and changes to keep improving one's self. This year, I've decided to join in with a super talented group of crafters for a monthly Keeping Christmas Inspiration Hop! We will be sharing Christmas creations on the 25th of each month, and let me tell you... I already feel GREAT about having some of my Christmas cards done for 2018. Feels like I've got life pretty much figured out right about now! LOL Anyhow, if you've already been hopping along, you should have arrived from Claire's blog. If you're just popping in, read on for all the details!



One of the things I was most excited about was getting a chance to use some of the fabulous products I got on clearance at the end of the season. I love clearance sales and picked up quite a few new goodies at about 70% off this year.  Usually I throw them in the Christmas bin and don't see them until the next Christmas... AFTER I've forgotten about them and already bought all new stuff. So I made it my mission to break into some of those new goodies right away!


I have two very similar cards to share today, which is how I like to create my Christmas cards. Mass production bores me, and this keeps things streamlined, but with just enough variety to keep it enjoyable.


I started with some paper from the A Perfect Christmas collection by Echo Park.  I chose two patterns I liked together, then cut 4 x 5.25" bases and 1.5 x 5.25" strips. Next I knew I wanted to use some chipboard pine branches I picked up, so I sprayed them with green sprays, let them dry and then added a bit of snow paste and then some glitter paste for a snowy, sparkly effect.  While this was drying, I cut two Classy Label Die cuts from white cardstock and stamped the frame and sentiments from Unto Us in Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler, using my MISTI to line things up.

For both cards I chose some ribbon to tie across in a bow, then layered the labels over it and the pine branches underneath, adding some paper flowers for embellishment.  For the horizontal card, I also chose to add two tiny bells from Tim Holtz's collection.



Okay, now it's time to hop along and check out all the other fabulous posts on the hop. There's sure to be a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing!  The hop is hosted on the fabulous Kelly Lunceford's blog, so head over there to start from the beginning. Or continue on to visit Kim Heggins if you've already been hopping along!


Anita Madden
Broni Holcombe
Claire Broadwater
Julee Tilman --- That's me!
Kim Heggins
Lori Tecler
Nance Salkeld
Nina Forsyth
Vicki Finger


Enabler's List
Stamps: Unto Us (Verve Stamps)
Paper: A Perfect Christmas (Echo Park), Mossy Meadow, basicblack (SU!), white (Neenah)
Ink: mossy meadow, cherry cobbler (SU!), color bloom sprays (Prima)
Accessories: Classy Label Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), ribbon, pine branch chipboard (Southern Ridge Trading Co.), flowers (Prima), tiny bells (Tim Holtz), Snow Paste (Recollections), Glitter paste (BoBunny)

11 comments

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love them both and how made them both a little different. I don't like mass producing either and most all of my cards are different. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lesley said...

I love traditional Christmas colors and cards sooo much! These are so lovely and you’ve inspired me to get this stamp set out and play with it! Beautiful!

SewPaperPaint said...

These are incredibly gorgeous and what a great idea! I'm always in the mood to make more Christmas cards in January, but feel I should move on. Way to go with your gut girls! XO Autumn

Purple Princess said...

WOW! Gorgeous cards!

Kelly Lunceford said...

These are so beyond gorgeous! I'm in LOVE!!! You put your purchases to good use! I'm so glad you are joining us!❤❤❤❤

Gloria said...

Beautiful cards. Love the pine.

Nance said...

Oh my gosh, Julee, just gorgeous! These speak timeless tradition to me and take me back to looking at all the Xmas cards my parents would receive when I was growing up. My dad was a minister so they got ALOT of cards! Thank you!

Karen Day said...

Love this idea - looking forward to seeing what you create all year! Gorgeous cards, Julee :o)

Notes by Nina said...

Your cards are stunning Julee, I love the rich colours and pretty details.

Angela Walters said...

Wow! These cards are gorgeous! I love the Christmas papers you chose for your cards. The design is wonderful! I really like the label and sentiment stamps you used, also.

Celeste Goff said...

Julee, your cards are beyond gorgeous! I love the rich patterned papers you used for them both!