Powered by Blogger.

Eat More Cupcakes

Hi friends! I've got a fun little card to share today. This past weekend, I was inspired by the inspiration photo at The Challenge and had to pull out the Cupcakes set. The bright colors seemed like a bit of a challenge and I was up for a little something out of my comfort zone. {grin} I've since pulled off these colors with a bit more pizzazz, but you'll have to wait a while to see that! Anyhow, back to the card... I stamped the bottom in turquoise and the tops in pink repeatedly, then fussy cut them and applied some Nuvo crystal drops to the icing and dusted with glitter.


Next I stamped the sentiment in coordinating inks and then cut and matted with square dies. I fussed with the layout of the cupcakes for quite some time before gluing them down. This seemed more balanced, but I had envisioned a big giant pyramid of cupcakes. Maybe just wishful thinking! LOL

The side strip is grosgrain ribbon with an extra loop and I finished off the embellishments with some enamel dots and a puffy heart sticker, giving it that tweenage flair I was going for.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! The boys are keeping me super busy. After a weekend in red air quality and lots of coughing for our ashtmatic family, the air quality is finally only in yellow today so I think we might just brave leaving the house!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Cupcakes (Verve Stamps)
Paper: designer paper, black, watercolor paper
Ink: lost lagoon and coral rose (Altenew)
Accessories: ribbon (SU!), square dies, enamel dots, Nuvo crystal drops, glitter, puffy heart sticker

2 comments

Purple Princess said...

love it!!

Lesley said...

I love how you were inspired, Julee! The colours and the festive feel of your card is just perfect! Thank you for joining us!