Powered by Blogger.

Every One of My Thoughts

Hi friends! It's Monday again, and time for a brand new Mojo Monday sketch.  This week, I went with a simple sketch that leaves lots of room for interpretation. Hope you like it!

Handmade card by Julee Tilman. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

I've been swatching out my watercolor palettes as a way to relax after some very crazy days at our house. Two five year olds at once is A LOT of 5 year olds. {grin} Since I loved how my clean-up paper worked on my Life Is But A Dream card, I decided to do the same thing as I finally swatched out The Classics Prima Watercolor Confections palette I got for Christmas. I did a bit more working across each color than on my previous card, so I could have some solid color blocks, then sprinkled some water on the whole panel.  Interestingly enough, the only color that lifted any with the sprinkles was the aqua, but I just loved how it turned out.  Isn't this rainbow palette just lovely?  It also includes, pink, white, brown, grey, and black, which are saved for other projects.

I just love the you're in every one of my thoughts today sentiment from the Always On My Mind set. It seems to speak my heart and is a favorite to send to friends just because or who are going through something. I'm also thinking of making some little lunch notes up with it to tuck in the boys lunches. I stamped it directly on the card base, then added three strips of washi tape towards the bottom of the card.  To this I added a resist chipboard butterfly that I quickly watercolored with a rainbow look.  I finished off by accenting the body with black pearls.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you were inspired. To see some more takes on this week's sketch, head on over to the Mojo Monday blog and check out what the design team is sharing today.

If you like measurements, here's what I used to draw up the sketch.

Mojo Monday 498 Card Sketch by Julee Tilman www.mojomonday.blogspot.com
Mojo Monday 498 Card Sketch
Card base: 4.25" x 5.5"
Layer 1: 2.5" x 5.25"
Layer 2: 3 strips of washi or 0.5" strips at lengths of 2.5", 3" and 2.25"
Layer 3: large die cut, embellishment or  1.75" circle

Enabler's List
Stamps: Always on My Mind (Verve Stamps)
Paper: kids watercolor paper (Michaels)
Ink: onyx black (Versafine), The Classics Watercolor Confections (Prima)
Accessories: resist chipboard butterfly (Teresa Collins), black flatback pearls (Pizzazz Aplenty)

10 comments

Hetty said...

So very very beautiful! Love the rainbow background.
Lovely sentiment.

JoAnn said...

This is beautiful. I love that sentiment too. The watercolor rainbow strip is so pretty along with that pretty butterfly. A great sketch too.

Tammy said...

Beautiful rainbow background--I always think of the Lord when I see rainbows. I love the washi tape under the butterfly. I can't wait to work with this sketch.

Purple Princess said...

Great sentiment!

Carmela said...

Love your pretty rainbow! How lovely and your butterfly is so pretty! Beautiful card.

Christine said...

Absolutely wonderful....love how you used the watercolor swatch as a card panel. (I miss making lunch box notes, but I usually try to hide something in my son's room or backpack when we visit him at college.) Enjoy your little guys :)

Marisa said...

Love your water colour rainbow and of course the butterfly and polkadots :)

Unknown said...

Julee, as ALWAYS...awesome sketch and inspiration!
Thank you!

Susan Powell said...

Love this card! And that sentiment is beautiful too!

Pink Panoply said...

Wow, Julee, I love this card so much. Your water color rainbow is a gorgeous backdrop for your pretty butterfly. And the sentiment is lovely. It does sound relaxing to paint water color swatches, especially if they turn out this beautiful. I think I'll give it a try.