Powered by Blogger.

Noel

Hi friends! It's Monday again and time for a brand new Mojo Monday challenge. This week it's time for a square sketch (but you can easily adapt it to an A2 card size if you prefer).  I love making 4.25" square cards.  The smidgen of a smaller canvas always seems to come together quickly for me.



Mojo Monday 476 Card Sketch designed by Julee Tilman.I went rustic woodlands with my take on the sketch with lots of layers, distressed edges and sponging on my cream layers. I also added a bit of subtle faux texture by stamping the berry stamp from Beyond Measure randomly in antique linen all over my bottom two cream layers. The focal stamped panel is stamped in mossy meadow with the one of the greenery stamps from Beyond Measure and I added the Noel sentiment in early espresso.  A big snowflake die cut in early espresso and a bit of twine and rusty jingle bells complete the look.

Super fun and it came together so nicely.  For a little more inspiration, head on over to the Mojo Monday to see what the other designers cooked up with this week's sketch.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman using Verve Stamps. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

It's Cyber Monday in the online retail world and the final day of Verve's Thanksgiving Day Sale, with all sorts of bargains to be had.  If you missed it over the long weekend, I wrote a post on the Verve Blog with a little heartfelt backstory on my family, my business and my "why" for Verve.  It's worth a read, and it's got a super cute pic of my boys and all the details on the Verve sale, too.


Thanks to all of you who have already ordered! I was a happy little stamp elf all day Friday and have a huge pile of orders to start in on today, too. Can't wait for everyone to get their stamps!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic week!



Enabler's List
Stamps: Beyond Measure (Verve Stamps)
Paper: cream (Neenah), early espresso (SU!)
Ink: mossy meadow, early espresso (SU!), antique linen, vintage photo, ground espresso (Ranger distress)
Accessories: pierced squares stax (MFT), snowflake die (Darice), rusty jingle bells, twine


4 comments

Lisa said...

I love how this card feels so vintage. Beautiful snowflake too!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Gorgeous, grungee and rustic. Love it, Julee! The big flake looks awesome.

Mimi said...

This is really pretty! I haven't stopped by in a while-- hope business is good! Again, love this card. The vinatge look and the contrast is perf.

Marisa said...

Every time I see this card I love it all over again!