Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Pink Grace

Hi friends! It's Monday again already (after a fun, but exhausting vacation) and time for a brand new Mojo Monday sketch.  I got a chance to watch a few mixed media videos this weekend and was so inspired, I had to take my card in that direction.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman featuring Verve Stamps. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

I started with papers from the Typecast collection, distressing with black soot, pumice stone, spun sugar and vintage photo inks.  Next I added some tattered rose distress paint with a stencil and then splattered some water drops all around. Next I stamped the sentiment from the Scripture Medley 4 compilation in white on vellum and stitched to the square panel.  I roughed up all the edges with a paper distresser.

For my embellishment I chose a paper flower from the stash and lightly sponged with some watered down tattered rose distress paint.  The leaf stem was originally green and brown, but I wanted to pull in the pinks, so covered with heavy white gesso and then coated with frantage shabby pink embossing enamel.  I love the look and it's so sparkly in real life.  A bit of sponged lace and some tattered edges finish things off.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman featuring Verve Stamps. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check back tomorrow for the first day of our Anni-VERVE-sary Spotlight Hops!

Mojo Monday 462 Card Sketch designed by Julee Tilman. www.mojomonday.blogspot.com
Mojo Monday 462 Sketch
Enabler's List
Stamps: Scripture Medley 4 (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Typecast (WRMK), white, vellum
Ink: black soot, pumice stone, spun sugar, vintage photo distress ink, tattered rose distress paint (Ranger), heavy white gesso (Prima)
Accessories: white embossing powder, frantage shabby pink embossing enamel (Stampendous), leaf and flower (Prima), lace trim, paper distresser, sewing machine

12 comments

Kate said...

So so pretty !!! Love that sentiment

Seemaa said...

wow what a beautiful card

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love all the details and the white embossing.

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Julee. What a fabulous sentiment!

Lesley said...

Wow! This is a beauty!!!

Christine said...

What lovely colors you chose for distressing! Love the flower and dream of the day I'll have enough inks and paints to customize embellishments. This is just gorgeous!!

JoAnne Victoria said...

Very vintage. Love it.

Keti's Projects said...

Gorjuss vintage card. Love it!

Carmela said...

Such a great card. Love the flower and the layers.

Karen Davis said...

Absolutely breathtaking Julee!! I love the colours so much and the rose and leaves are divine.

Katie J. said...

Beautiful shabby card, I love the leaves and stem!

CherylQuilts said...

Julee, I love your shabby chic cards, and this is such an amazing and beautiful quote. Beautiful inspiration! Hugs!