Powered by Blogger.

One of a Kind

Hi friends!  Welcome to August!  Today I'm sharing a card for one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges over on Splitcoaststampers. They start today and run for one week and there are lots of prizes, including some from Verve.


I made a fun little square card, stamping the 4.25" tip top taupe base with the honeycomb image from The Buzz, then I added the BE and You-tiful stamps in the corner, with a few teeny bees fluttering around.

Next I started on my focal point, a little doodle I did to test out my new Kuretake watercolors.  After I finished water coloring the flower, I did a wash of the pearly watercolor, but it didn't turn out the way I expected, so I pulled out some stencils to rescue the project.  First I used scattered straw with a honeycomb stencil, then tumbled glass with the dots stencil.  I distressed the edges with tip top taupe and black soot, then splattered some watered down black soot on top.

The mat is baja breeze, sponged with the same colors and then I added black liquid pearl accents.  I finished off by adding some white liquid gel pen accents to the bees.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Enabler's List
Stamps: The Buzz (Verve Stamps)
Paper: tip top taupe, baja breeze (SU!), white
Ink: tiptop taupe (SU!), black soot, tumbled glass, scattered straw (Ranger Distress) watercolors, black micron pen, (Kuretake), white gel pen
Accessories: stitched circles stax (MFT), liquid pearls, honeycomb and dot fade layering stencils (Tim Holtz)

5 comments

Marisa said...

Love that honeycomb background and lovely focal panel. Great addition with teh doodles.

Fanny DG said...

Wonderful Card!!

Tricia T said...

Yay! You're playing along with DTGD!! Thanks so much for sponsoring. I loved winning Verve stamps in years past!! :)

SewPaperPaint said...

This rescued project turned out to be a true treasure! Amazing card and lovely colors!!! I love the stamped AND stenciled honeycomb on the same card - can never get enough!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card, Julee! Thank you so much for joining us for this years Dare To Get Dirty event!