Powered by Blogger.

Vivacious Valentine Challenge and Hop

Hi friends!  After a short break in January, the Divas are back with their monthly Diva Inspirations Hop & Challenge!  This month's challenge is super lovely and just perfect for the season! There are two ways to win Verve prizes... comment on the design team's blog posts to see their take on the inspiration, then go get inky and/or link up your take on the challenge to be eligible in our prize drawings!  Be sure to head on over to the Verve Blog for all the challenge and giveaway details.


I'm the kickoff for today's hop, so settle in and let's get to hopping!


The challenge this month is Vivacious Valentine

I loved that little xoxo at the bottom of the inspiration photo and thought it would be fun to make a little shaker pocket, so that's where I started.  The xoxo are cut from glimmer cardstock with the Vintage Market alpha die from Tim Holtz (a rediscovery in my latest reorganization).  I ran them through my Xyron create a sticker machine, then cut a piece of white card stock the size I wanted my pocket.  I embossed this piece with hearts, then  inked some spun sugar and worn lipstick distress ink directly onto an acrylic block, spritzed with water and applied over the dry embossed paper.  I then stuck my xoxo letters to the paper and cut a piece of acetate to cover the piece.  Pulled out my sewing machine and stitched three sides, then stuffed in some sequins from the Pink Sparkle Mix and Signature Sequin Mix, as well as a couple hearts cut with the Heart Quartet Die and sewed up my little shaker. 



Next I stamped the with love from me to you sentiment from Chevron Love on a piece of acetate in Archival black and added a couple glitter hearts cuts with the Heart Quartet Die for accent.  This is layered over a piece of white cardstock which I embossed with a different heart folder and then splattered a bit of watered down worn lipstick ink.  I added a little border to my scrap of designer paper using a piece of glimmer cardstock cut with the heart trim from the Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set Set. Finished off by accenting my xoxo pocket with a few of the leftover hearts from the die and glued it all together.  Super fun!

That's all from me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by.

Next up on the hop is Amy!

Need a little inspiration? Check out the blogs linked below to see what the other Divas did with the challenge! It's sure to be a treat, and speaking of treats, we've got a prize for one lucky commenter along the hop! Check out the Verve Blog today for all the prize info and deadlines!

1. Julee8. Sarah
2. Amy9. Susan
3. Anya10. Marisa
4. Betty11. Maureen
5. Jen12. Stacey
6. Karen13. Verve Blog
7. Sankari
Enabler's List
Stamps: Chevron Love (Verve Stamps)
Paper: glimmer paper (SU!), dp scrap, white, acetate, book paper
Ink: worn lipstick, spun sugar distress ink, Archival Black (Ranger)
Accessories: Heart Quartet Die, Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Signature Sequin Mix, Pink Sparkle Mix Signature Sequin Mix (Verve), sewing machine, Vintage Market die (Tim Holtz Alterations), embossing folders (Sizzix), Xyron create a sticker machine

51 comments

Brandi R said...

Lovely card! Love the layout ♥

Karen Day said...

I love your Valentine pocket, Julee!! Great idea!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card, Julee!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. I love the little valentine pocket and all the hearts.

I Card Everyone said...

I have been singing on many of my cards lately - this sentiment is perfectly in tune!!
=] Michele

D- said...

Welcome back! Hope your break was a restful one.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful shaker card. Love all the pretty hearts and shaker pocket.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW, this is a pretty card! Anyone would be thrilled to receive this!

DIANA L. said...

WOW! I love the card, but what I really like is the sewn shaker part, what a great idea. Have a blessed day.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh my what a sparkly beauty! I love your shaker pocket and all the silver glitter. That background embossing folder is so pretty too.

Darlene Gabriel said...

I'm happy to see everyone back the break ....hope it was a good one:)

KimCreate said...

Beautiful little pocket you've created! A gorgeous card!

D.Ann C said...

Sparkly sweet!

Heather said...

This is gorgeous!! I absolutely love the dimensional look of the sentiment stamped on acetate! I was curious as to how you accomplished it; so I'm glad you explained. And that little stitched shaker is sooo fun!

Sue D said...

Very pretty and sparkly!

Annheidel said...

I love the stitched shaker and all that silver glitter paper!

Rubeena I. said...

what a gorgeous card - look at all those details!!

Bridget said...

So gorgeous and sparkly and romantic - you always do such beautiful work!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous... love all the sparkle!!

Katy said...

Love all the sparkle!!!

Pink Unicorn said...

Gorgeous card, love the shaker and the glittery silver!!

Libby Hickson said...

LOVE your sequin shaker Julee!!! So pretty!! And now I am in your store thinking I need even more sequins!!! That pastel mix... so pretty!!! :-)

Sharon said...

So pretty and sparkly!

Jennipher said...

Just beautiful Julee! Loving all the shimmer and texture.

Beverly Perdue said...

Love how you used the inspiration photo to create your beautiful card. I wish I could sew. The stitching around the shaker is awesome!

Stacey Schafer said...

wowza! love the clustered sequins and the sentiment looks like it's floating! LOVE!

Kris B said...

Wonderful Valentine! Love the shaker and the glittery accents!

Carolee McCaslin said...

What a fun sparkly card!! Thanks for the inspiration:)

loulou said...

Gorgeous card. Love the glitter and sequins. Your stamping of the acetate is perfect - how do you do it? I always end up slipping, smearing or smudging the ink when I try this. Do you have any tips??

Sue Crease said...

Just wonderful, what a way to kick off the hop.
Sue

Linda Callahan said...

So glam! Love all the sparkle and shine!

Katia said...

I love the sparkle letters and hart!

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

That is a real glittery card. LOVE it.

Beverly Sager said...

Very pretty card - love the sparkle & shine :D

Celeste Goff said...

So pretty and glittery! Love the little shaker pocket!

Jean Bullock said...

What a delightful card. I love the embossed background and the tiny heart paper panel. Very cool how you floated the sentiment. Well done.

Lyn said...

So gorgeous I love the silver bling <3

Pat said...

This is so pretty in the pink with he glittery silver and with lots of cleverly designed elements. x

Lilaccards said...

I love the silver shinny accents! I think more cards deserve to be dressed with glitter. Beautiful!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love all of the bling. Very pretty card.
thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

I really like all that silver sparkle! Beautiful card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so pretty! I love the embellishments grouped together!

Samra said...

Such a pretty creation!!! Love that shaker pocket!

Janis said...

I am in love with the sparkle with the pastels!!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet and pretty and sparkly! Love this!

Mary-Anne V said...

How pretty...love that silver sparkle.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! I love the layering and stitching details, and the pretty silver sparkle!

Taunya Butler said...

Oh, Wow, this is beautiful - so soft and sweet!! Wonderfully done!!

Iris said...

So pretty - love the sparkle.
isoscia at aol dot com

snazzyjj said...

So sparkly.

Sherry Butcher said...

Wonderful, love the sparkle, love the embellishments grouped together and the shaker pocket. TFS.

Couture911 said...

I love how you used the glimmer paper. I have similar paper but don't use it because I'm not sure what to do with it.