Powered by Blogger.

Day 3 Holiday Hop

Hi friends!  It's time for Day 3 of Verve's Holiday 2012 Spotlight Hops!

I'm the first stop on today's hop, so grab another cup of joe (or whatever strikes your fancy) and hop along to see the first sneaks at a new set called Joyous Noel and the Joy to the World Plain JaneOh, and by the by... we've picked a mystery blog from today's hop and hidden a prize! So be sure to give a little shout out in the comment section as you hop around to each blog on the list. We'll draw a random winner from all of the comments on the mystery blog to win today's featured stamps. Check out the Verve Blog for all the prize details and deadlines.


For my card I had those brown paper packages tied up with string on my mind.  The poinsettia image from Joyous Noel comes with or without leaves, so I used both stamps to do a bit of fun layering here.  Loved the stark contrast of the red on cream, so I left the flower uncolored.  The poinsettia with leaves is layered below and stamped on peeled paint cardstock.  I layered this on top of a scrap of burlap, then cut the Sweet Scallop Die out of some of the vintage papers I got at the Inspiration Boutique and stamped the title sentiment from Joyous Noel directly on the tag.  A bit of ribbon, some embossing folders and a fun little layer of cherry cobbler tulle finish this shabby chic country Christmas card off in style.

Time to click on down the road and see what everyone else did with this fun new set!  Next up on the hop is Laurie!  Have fun!

1. Julee6. Amber
2. Laurie7. Amy
3. Maureen8. Andrea
4. Teresa9. Charmaine
5. Tosh10. Janelle
  
  

Enabler's List:
Stamps: Joyous Noel (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Distress Papers (Tim Holtz), Cream, vintage papers
Ink: Truffle, Schoolhouse (Mix'd Media Inkz), Peeled Paint, Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Sweet Scallop Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), ribbon (Hobby Lobby), cherry cobbler tulle (SU!), burlap, fairy dust glitter, paper distresser (Tonic), shiny gold pearls (Pizzazz Aplenty)

55 comments

~Tammy~ said...

There is just so much good stuff on here that is pleasing to the eye! I love the natural elements of the burlap looks fabulous with the traditional colors and oh my goodness...I love the unexpected tulle underneath. I love how you layered the poinsettia on top of the burlap and stamped the sentiment on the burlap as well and oh my that bow! Beautifully done! Wow!

Cindi said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the texture and layers.

Luanne said...

This shouldn't be sent, it needs to be framed! It is exquisite !

Marta said...

Beautiful card! I love the ribbon.

Teri C said...

Oh, how adorable is that??? I love it!!

Unknown said...

I am loving the cloth/aida background Julee. The stamps are ultra fab and can't wait for this release. It's the most wonderful time of the year. :)))

Karen Day said...

So many amazing bits and pieces on this card! Just lovely, as always!

Mary-Anne V said...

such a beautiful card with all its layers and the great use of burlap.

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous use of the cloth and the burlap. Great layout and distress.
Hugs, Dangina

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

that's beautiful I love the addition of the Burlap!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Oh, how pretty!

Karen Wedding said...

So beautiful. I so love your dark red ribbon.

Lynn said...

You are a master at designing stamps and showcasing them with your gorgeous cards...I'm loving the poinsettia leaves and the fonts...oh la la...with all the texture...Amazing!

scrappingnana said...

Oh, I just love your shabby chic Christmas card. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Julee. ;-) I love everything about this lovely card.

Diana Nguyen said...

Love all the layers and the textures! Hope you have an extra blessed, wonderful Christmas season with your little ones (and the husband too! haha!)

Marisa said...

I'm loving how you have focus on all the "joy" words in the sentiments, Julee! One of my favorite words :) Loving all the texture you have and the rich deep colours you used. Gorgeous card as always :)

ND (Naomi) said...

I gotta say, I love anything with burlap these days!

Paige Dolecki said...

The textures are wonderful on this card!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love the piece of burlap behind this pretty poinsettia. This card is full of wonderful textures and dimension. I love the way you did the tails on your ribbon too. Looks like another gorgeous new set Julee.

Basement Stamper said...

Great use of burlap on this card! Adds so much wonderful texture.

Lee-Anne said...

Julee, I'm loving all the texture on this beauty! The new poinsettia is stunning, as is your bow!

Miriam Prantner said...

SO much texture on this card, I love it! Love the new PJ, and I'm thinking just by the name of the set that I'm going to need Joyous Noel!

jan farnworth said...

great job.

Bridget said...

Love the distressing and all the fabulous layers, Julee - beautiful!!

Jen Shults said...

Julee this is amazing. I love the textures and the wonderful bow... just so much to see. LOVE it!

Sherry said...

Absolutely beautiful love how you layered the card

Vicki said...

Marvelous use of lots of texture. Love it!

Unknown said...

Love the card! You have an amazing talent!

Andrea said...

love the poinsettia!

Christyne said...

I love how you stamped the sentiment on the fiber, just awesome!! That red reibbon also gives the piece such a rich "pop"!! Beautiful card!!

Rhonda said...

I love tulle! Wonderful sets Julee.

taraklaassen said...

Love love love the burlap!

Ravengirl said...

Whoa, Julee! Very beautiful! I like the embossing and the ruffled ribbon! Gorgeous new poinsettia image.

Maryleva said...

Great card - love the burlap and colors.

Carole said...

Gorgeous Julee! Joyous Noel looks like an awesome set.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Fabulous!! I love the rustic touch of the burlap and am loving the new sets! Looking forward to tomorrow!!

Christine said...

This is so very pretty! I love the deep red color and all the texture you use. The stamped panel almost looks like cross-stitching fabric. Thank you for sharing this beautiful project!

craftymom205 said...

Love the traditional Christmas colors you used.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Lynn Noe said...

Love how you used the tulle and stamped the sentiment on that wonderful vintage paper.

Diana Evensen said...

What a lot of fun texture on this card!

Ashley said...

Love this! So much dimension!

Ava Gavloski said...

great texture for your card. lovely color tones
ava g

Sue D said...

Beautiful--I like all the texture.

KanataNewf said...

Love all those layers and textures.

Lea L. said...

This is really pretty! I love the bits of burlap...it adds some great texture!

Moosisk said...

Love this card! The burlap is a nice touch. :D

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the variety of textures on this beauty! Gorgeous!

Julia M said...

Oh Julee this is fabulous, love all the texture and that poinsetta is gorgeous.

Dottie said...

Very original and the stamping on the fabric is really neat. Clever job, Julee.

irishgalkelly said...

Rustic and beautiful! Love the pretty flower and this gorgeous ribbon!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love all of the texture on this card! How did you make the ribbon like that?

Ida said...

You are the Queen of texture! Love the burlap on this card.

Heidi said...

This is beautiful Julee- love the burlap. I found some so I am hoping this will inspire me to get working on something with it.

Rosie Gustafson said...

Awesome card, love the distressed look.