Powered by Blogger.

July Get Your Diva On

Happy Saturday, friends!  Today I'm sharing a card for the July Get Your Diva On challenge.  This month Maureen is challenging us to be inspired by a gift card.  Play along for a chance to be a future Guest Diva for Verve!  But you better get cracking, because the deadline is tomorrow night {July 17).  For my inspiration piece I found an adorable gift card featuring my favorite character... Hello Kitty. 


I took my inspiration from the pink and black colors and the polka dots reminded me of this fun Uncommon paper from Authentique.  I wanted a softer shabby look, so chose a dark grey and a coral pink.  The "buttons" down the side are made with the sun image from the New Mercies set and some big pearls.  The big leafy branch is stamped in Blushing Bride, then I stamped the happy birthday sentiment from Small Phrases over the top.  I tied a little shabby bow over to the side of the sentiment panel, just like on Hello Kitty.  The butterflies are the Mini Exotic Butterflies from TCP and I finished off with a pearl border to continue my shabby polka dot theme.

Well, that's all for me today.  I hope you'll find a little time this weekend to get creative and play along with this fun challenge!  I may be a little biased, but I do think that being a Verve Guest Diva is a pretty cool gig!  :-)  Have a fantastic day!

Enabler's List:
Stamps:  New Mercies, Small Phrases (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Uncommon (Authentique), grey (Gina K), cream
Ink: Blushing Bride (SU!), Jet Black Archival, Black Soot Distress (Ranger)
Accessories:  Mini Exotic Butterflies (TCP), 3/4" and 1/2" circle punches (SU!), pearls (Recollections), flatback rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty), shabby wrinkled ribbon (Praire Bird Boutique on Etsy)

18 comments

Елена said...

Очень красивая карта!!!

Marisa said...

Love that DP with the polka dots that have some script in them. Fabulous card. Spied the flower image right away and sighed at the gorgeous leaf image. LOL at the GC you used too ;)

Sarah Gough said...

Biased or not - being a guest diva rocks! I'm just sad I can't play along this time!

Kim O'Connell said...

Ooooooooh weeeee! So pretty! Love all those pearls at the bottom and the seam binding! I am off to look at some gift cards for inspiration!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your card is GORGEOUS! All those pearls are DIVINE!!

Susi said...

This is such a beautiful card, Julee. I'd love to see those Leafy Branch images as Plain Janes - they're fabulous!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so beautiful, Julee! Love your inspiration gift card! Must find that paper!!

Debbie Carriere said...

WOW! Julee, this is stunning! The pearls & your "buttons" are to die for!!!

Maureen said...

Love everything about this Julee...I am not at all surprised you found a Hello Kitty gc :) LOVE the inspiration you pulled from it :) Thanks for playing :)

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Julee.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jen Shults said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the colors and the look of the sentiment stamped over the leaves... that's just lovely! Gorgeous work!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love, love, love this! The colors are perfect and all of those pearls are just so Kitty!! Great card!!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous, Julee! I am going to have to try that Verve flower die with the pearl center look! Fabulous!

Jessica said...

This is gorgeous, love the colors and I loooove Hello Kitty!

Piali said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love the pearl border.

Dawn Easton said...

Julee, this is GORGEOUS! Wow! Love the pretty pearls and fabulous layout!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Julee!! Really lovely! All those pearls at the bottom, wow!!!!!!!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

carole (TruCarMa) said...

What a fun challenge! I'm definitely going to have to play this one... :) And doesn't it go without saying that I LOVE your gorgeous card? Still, it's nice to hear though, isn't it? :)