Powered by Blogger.

Feel Better

Hi y'all!  Happy Thursday!  This week is just flying by.  I can't believe it's almost May - I remember as a kid hearing my parents talk about time flying and I thought they were crazy.  The days just drug on and on and on.  One day seemed like an eternity.. remember that?  And that ever important 1/2 year was always included in your age, because 1 whole year was too long to wait to get older.  So funny to think about.  Anyway, sorry for my rambling... you're probably ready to talk stampy stuff now, huh?


This card was inspired by this week's Color Throwdown #139.  There are 5 colors this week and I'm so surprised by the predominant color in my card, because when I was looking at the swatch the little color snob voice in my head said, "definitely will be minimizing the crushed curry!"  But then....  I sat down at my desk and this piece of Portrait dp was just sitting there calling my name and I told myself... "you can doooooo it!"  {grin}

I started by cutting some Floral Circles in cream, then stamping the Wild Flower Plain Jane in Groovy Guava on the small and medium die cuts.  Then I inked up the edges with some Dusty Durango ink and fussed with the outer edges, bending them in and out to get a shabby look.  The sponging darkened the guava more than I intended, but I promise it's still there! ;-) Next up, I cut an  Elegant Leaves die cut out of Pear Pizzazz, then stamped with the coordinating stamp from Bloom & Grow.

The sentiment from Hope Blooms is embossed in Chocolate Chip craft ink onto a Classy Label Die, then I sponged around the edges with Chocolate Chip die ink and hand cut a very thin mat for it.  The background paper got a healthy little dose of chocolate chip ink and was embossed with the Diamonds and Damask folder, then sanded lightly.  A little chocolate chip striped ribbon, dusty durango polka dot ribbon, a leaf pin and some pearls, and this little number was finished.

Well, that's it on the stamping front today!  Hope you have a fabulous day and thanks so much for stopping by!


Enabler's List:
Stamps:  Wild Flower Plain Jane, Hope Blooms, Bloom & Grow
Paper: Portrait Collection (Crate Paper), Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizazz (SU!), Cream
Ink: Groovy Guava, Dusty Durango, Pear Pizazz, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories:  Elegant Leaves Die, Floral Circles Die Set, Classy Label Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Chocolate Chip striped grosgrain, Dusty Durango polka dot grosgrain (SU!), Leaf Trinket Pin (Maya Road), pearl (Melissa Frances), Diamonds and Damask textured impressions folder (Sizzix)

18 comments

Marisa said...

Total gorgeousness, Julee!! I just LOVE this colour combo (even the crushed curry LOL) and you have used it fabulously. Loving the striped ribbon and of course the gorgeous Verve flowers. The scoring looks fabulous as well. Another wonderful Julee creation :)

I can remember when days took forever and my mom telling me some day I would be wishing my days went by that slowly - how right she was!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. All these new sets and dies are on my "wish list". THanks for sharing how you made the mat for your sentiment. As I was looking at the card I saw the mat and wondered if there was another die I missed.

Keva said...

Julee, this card is fabulous. I LOVE the shading on the nestie panel - it looks just perfect! Great ribbon and patterned paper,too. A winner for sure!

Broni said...

I LOVE this card and all the special little elements of it! The 3 little ribbon tabs especially caught my eye! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is GORGEOUS, Julee! LOVE the embossing on the designer paper, and that big bow is fabulous! Thanks for joining us for the Throwdown... we LOVE it when you play along!

Sarah Gough said...

You CAN do it and you rocked it GF!

Lou Mac said...

WOW!! Julee!! This is BEAUTiful!! I always stop by your blog and never comment as often as I should *hangs head*

I love the flower embellishment and what you've done with the dusty durango ribbon!! The whole lot is just gorgeous - I can't stop looking at it!!

Thanks so much for sharing and being such an inspiration!! xo Lou.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous, Julee -- that Crushed Curry looks great on you! :)

Kristie W. said...

Wonderful card, Julee! I love the background and the layered flower. Great job incorporating all the colors :)

Heidi said...

Oh goodness.......... this is beautiful and those colors. I need to start writing some of these down b/c they are keepers.

Ravengirl said...

Mmmmm, crushed curry never looked so good! I'm sure it's the healthy dose of chocolate chip that brings it around! Great card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

My goodness, this is a show stopper! Your colors and ribbon are spectacular, and your design is drop dead gorgeous. Awesome, card. I love everything about it, Julee.

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Julee! Love all that richness of colour!! Beautiful creation!

LOL I'm laughing @ your statement about time. It's sooooo true!

Vickie Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vickie Z said...

Wow...you can sure work wonders with any color combo!! This is gorgeous!! Crushed curry is perfect!! Love the oranges and browns. Yep, time sure does go by slowly when you're young and waaaay too fast when you grow up!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is beautiful!

dpkennedy said...

Oooh...This is so pretty Julee! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Kristin Eberline said...

I am laughing my butt off at you thinking, "I'm definitely going to be minimizing the Crushed Curry"! I think that way all the time...I also go back on my initial thought and showcase that color I was snubbing :] Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Your card is gorgeous! I LOVE the bloom and die cut leaves. The smoky sentiment panel is just lovely with that dp!

Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week :]