Powered by Blogger.

Peace on Earth

Hi everyone! Happy Monday! Did y'all have a good weekend? We had a super fun time at the Verve Release Party on Friday night and have spent the weekend packing orders. If you haven't yet, you can check out all the new releases HERE. Oh, and there's a little spotlight on Guest Diva Betty Wright over on the Verve blog today, so be sure to check that out, too!

Since it's Monday, that also means it's time for another Mojo sketch {Mojo110}. I love to make square cards, so each month I try to squeeze in at least one square layout. This week was a super fun one, I think! Hope you like it! I wanted a rustic, old world feel to my card, so I started with some Wonderland papers by Cosmo Cricket. I embossed the peace on earth sentiment from Star of Wonder with Copper detail embossing powder, then cut out with Classic Circle Nestabilities. The red panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug Ice Crystal Combo embossing folder and the main background is embossed withe the Snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then I sanded the embossing, distressed the edges, sewed onto Chocolate mats and inked up the edges with some Vintage Photo Ranger Distress ink.

Next up I decided to substitute a snowflake for the small rectangle panel. During release week, I was inspired by several cards for our challenges where stampers had layered beautiful diecuts and I wanted to give it a go. I cut the Cuttlebug Ice Crystal Combo die in chocolate chip and vellum, then layered some Snowflakes Sizzlet diecuts cut with Wonderland Scraps and accented them with Frosted Lakes Stickles and a crystal snowflake in the center. I finished off with some brown snowflake ribbon I picked up at Michael's, some Jolee's swarovski crystals and a couple EK Success photo corner punches.

What's In It?
Stamps: Star of Wonder (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Wonderland (Cosmo Cricket), Chocolate Chip, Vellum (SU!)
Ink: Versamark, Vintage Photo (Ranger)
Accessories: Classic Circles (Nestabilities), Janome sewing machine, swarovski crystals (Jolee's), Ice Crystal Combo, Snowflakes embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Snowflakes 5-8 Sizzlets (Sizzix), pape distresser, Copper embossing powder, sanding block, ribbon (Michael's), crystal snowflake (Jesse James), photo corner punch (EK Success)

23 comments

Lesley said...

This is beautiful...I love the serene colours and the softness of this card.

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Crestajune said...

Beautiful card! I love the vintage look and the layered snowflakes. Awesome, as always!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is soooo gorgeous. I have to find those papers. They look beautiful! I love what you did to embellish this card.

Stef Perry said...

Just a stunning card, Julee!! I love the colors and the overall vintage feel!

WickedPixie said...

Oh, My! This is absolutely beautiful!! :-)Traci

Selene Kempton said...

Beautiful and rich blend of colors. A touch a sparkle. Rockin!

Anonymous said...

RICH!! The first word that came to my mind when I saw this was....RICH!! I am NOT good at RICH!! I AM good at CHEESY!! LOL!!

squirrellyshirley

Mary J said...

What an elegant card - beautiful!

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! This is beautiful Julee!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Just GORGEOUS, Julee!! Love it!

Kerri said...

Ack! I was on vacation for over a week and I missed out on so many things!!! I have to go check out the new release! Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Julee : )

Unknown said...

just beautiful!

Lisa Foster said...

This is beautiful Julee! Love every detail! Fantastic sketch too!
Hugs,
Lisa

Linda Carson said...

Stunning artwork w/fabulous mojo!

Teresa Kline said...

wow Julee, I luv these colors, so warm and cozy, fabulous creation!

enjoy *~*

Sari Hänninen said...

Girl! U've got som crazy talents...
Your work is marvellous!
I just finished browsing your blog, and I must say that I found loads of inspiring cards!
U've got a perfect way of combining colours!
I just love it!

Beth Norman said...

Nothing is better than a cup of coffee and Poetic Artistry before I go to work. What an awesome card!

CECILIA S. - CHILE said...

Está muy bonito tu blog, me encantó esta tarjeta, tiene unos colores muy delicados y femeninos.

Maggie said...

So earthy, I love it!

Bethany Paull said...

Goodness gracious! And WOW! This is amazing Julee.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Julee, this card is simply SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! LOVE the colors, the distressing, the textures, every single, solitary detail!! What a stunner!!

Anonymous said...

GASP! Beautiful, truly beautiful!

SweetTorts said...

This card is stunning! I love it!!!