Powered by Blogger.

You're in Luck!

I have had this week's SCS sketch challenge printed out and sitting on my desk most of the week You really have to have teeny tiny squares to fit 3 across a regular sized card, so I was having an inner struggle trying to decide what to do and what images to use. I bought this teeny little 4 leaf clover stamp at Archiver's this week, and since it is March... I decided to go all St. Patty's Day on ya. :)

First I cut 1 1/8" squares of Very Vanilla and used my Stamp-a-majig to line them up and stamp the clover in Garden Green. I then doodled around the squares and dotted the stems of the clovers with my Garden Green Stampin' Write marker and sponged the edges with a dauber. Next I matted on Basic Black and glued onto a strip of the Green Day paper from Reminisce, using pop dots to raise the center square above the others.

Next I used my slit punch to do two 5.5" long scalloped edges, punched holes in each scallop with my 1/16" circle punch and matted underneath the striped Green Day paper. I then layered another pattern of Green Day paper on a Basic Black card base and glued down everything I had so far. Next I stamped the You're in Luck Cat's Pajamas stamp in Garden Green on Very Vanilla, punched out with the Word Window punch and sponged around the edges. I then stamped the Cauldron from Cat's Pajamas in Black Stazon, colored in the bubbles with a gold gel pen to make it look like a pot of gold, cut out and glued down with a pop dot.

For the final touches on the card I pulled out my black Glaze pen and dotted around all the squares and the word window punch. I then painted a mixture of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds on the clover, the gold and on each hole in the scalloped edges. The final addition was a sheer black bow tied across the top of the card.

If you haven't entered my Blog Blarney drawing yet, be sure to check it out. The prize includes some of this fabulous Green Day paper!

6 comments

Anonymous said...

I just love this card more and more...every time I see it. There are so many neat little things on it. I especially love the gels...omg, i have to remember to use mine!
Love this card Jules! (((hugs)))

Jackie said...

What a great card - I love it! So many little extra touches - those make all the difference.

Melissa said...

OH! This is awesome!!!

Nancy said...

Julee...Another awesome card!
I just love your style and wish I had at least 1/16th of your talent.

Lisa said...

Totally adorable! I found the Good Life stamp at Michael's today along with some REALLY cute ribbon....

Anonymous said...

I never did this sketch....must go back and do it after seeing this little cutie!!

SS