Powered by Blogger.

Hidden Message




Hi friends! Today I'm sharing a card I made on world card making day following the LVHandcrafted Mystery Craft Along tutorial for a hidden message card. Fun fold/interactive cards are definitely not in my wheelhouse, but I had a lot of fun trying to figure this one out.



The first part of the process is pretty straightforward, creating a gatefold card with a belly band. Then things get a bit squirrely, cutting slits in your card base and weaving papers in so that you can flip the inside to show a hidden panel. Quite fun, but it took this old brain quite a bit of time to figure out how to actually pull the papers to get to the flipped side! LOL What was that 80's show... Kidd Video, I think? Where they always said, "I'm taking you to the flip side" when they switched from live action to cartoon? That's been going through my head since I made this card! 

For the card, I used the new Festive Christmas papers and Gingerbread Houses Ephemera. I love the farmhouse vibe to this paper pad, and that there are some really fun wood grain panels to go with the Christmas-y prints.  


When you open up the gatefold you have a lot of panels you can decorate. I added several small ephemera pieces, some heart die cuts and sentiments from the new Mini Messages stamp set. I also included an extra long panel of white cardstock that I could write a short note to the recipient on.

Okay... now I'm taking you to the flip side... bwahahahahahaha. LOL


For this section, I used another gingerbread house ephemera, then grabbed a couple of gold snowflakes from the Pink Christmas ephemera pack and a gold foil sentiment from my stash of Christmas past. 

I had a lot of fun creating this card and would definitely recommend giving the LVHandcrafted tutorial a try.

No comments