Powered by Blogger.

Three Garden Secrets


Hi friends! Have you seen the new February release at Not 2 Shabby? There are definitely some good vibes and springtime feels waiting for you in the shop. This month I'll be featuring the Stamp and Die of the Month as well as the Paper Pad Club.


I'm not much of a fan of winter, so spring can't come fast enough for me! So glad I can bring a little spring to my craft room any time I want. The Garden Secrets paper pad in the February Paper Pad Club is just perfect for stepping in to spring. I chose it to make a few quick slimline cards and paired it with a few sentiments from the Happy Spring stamp set.

A while back, I saw a fun video from Karen Aicken with the instructions to make three mini slimline fun fold cards from three 6 x 6 papers with no scraps. I pulled it out of my "to be tried" pile, and got to work with the papers and cut aparts included in the Garden Secrets paper pad.


First off I pulled out the cut aparts in the paper pad with my Brother Scan 'n Cut and then selected three prints I thought would work together. I cut the papers down, made the folds on my card bases, and got busy gluing things down. Next I cut a few circles and scalloped circle mats to create a little ensemble for the card focus.  I used the cut aparts, accenting with sparkle enamel dots and some sparkle glitter glaze. The sentiments are from the Happy Spring stamp set and embossed in black.

I love this layout because it means the inside is decorated already. I just added a sentiment circle using the Happy Days sentiment to finish things off.

3 comments

Teresa Russell said...

Julee your cards are so beautiful! I absolutely love them! And I totally agree with you Spring can't come fast enough! Hugs, Teresa

Purple Princess said...

just gorgeous!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful trio of card Julee - loving your variations between the three and how you have made the most of the paper.
Blessings
Maxine