Powered by Blogger.

Masucline Birthday and a Hoppy Spring

Hi friends! Today I'm popping in with a couple of cards made with the February Paper Pad Club and Stamp and Die of the Month from Not 2 Shabby.


My first card I decided to keep with a simple layout, as I have some masculine birthday cards I need to give. I watercolored the present image from the Happy Spring Stamp of the Month set with Zig Kuretake Clean Real Brush Markers, then cut with the coordinating Happy Spring Dies.


I used some diamond dies for the focal diamond cut with paper from the Sweet Little Bunny paper pad, then matted with pool cardstock.  The sentiment is stamped and die cut, then I finished the card off with a few clear sparkling enamel dots.

For my second card, I selected some papers from the Garden Secrets paper pad, then watercolored the bunny from the Happy Spring stamp set and cut with the coordinating dies.


For this month's N2S moodboard challenge, Teresa designed a card sketch that she shared in the Not 2 Shabby Facebook Group. I didn't get to watch her live, and  I tried to recreate the sketch from memory, but mistakenly oriented the oval vertically instead of horizontally. I just realized I used the exact same paper combination as one of her cards, down to the orange glitter paper scallop strips and didn't even know it! LOL  Great minds think alike, right? 😉

I used the Cherry Blossom Background tone on tone on the light brown paper from the paper pad for my oval, then matted with a scalloped oval.  Strips of the orange glitter paper are cut with a scallop border die and adhere behind the oval.  I used some cut aparts from the Garden Secrets paper pad behind the bunny, then stamped Happy Spring title sentiment onto a circle piece from the Beautiful Blossoms Ephemera  and fussy cut a blue bow to match from one of my paper scraps.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic day.

3 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What gorgeous cards. x

Purple Princess said...

so pretty and cute

kiwimeskreations said...

A pair of beautiful cards Julee - I love the concept of the masculine card - a simple design, but striking!
Blessings
Maxine