Powered by Blogger.

Pile it On

Hi friends! Welcome to a brand new month. There's a brand new release at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps today, and I'm helping out with their release this month.


Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I created with the the new Pile it On stamp set. I think this is such a unique set and had a lot of fun coloring up these images.


The papers for this first card are from the Vintage Lakeside Simple Stories pad, and I over stamped them with coordinating inks using the previously released Script Background stamp. I really enjoy making masculine cards, probably because I don't have to fuss with the embellishments.  Here I added a little accent to my tall rectangle by scoring a frame 1/4" from the edge on all sides, then lightly sanding to reveal the white core of the paper.  the sentiment is stamped onto a Circle die cut.


For my next card, I colored and cut out the hamburger image with Copic markers. This set has coordinating dies! Yay! I used papers from the Dog Gone Cute paper pad from Doodlebug. I used a Border Dies 2 die cut from Jaded Blossom for the brown dotted portion, then dry embossed the white panel with a stars Cuttlebug embossing folder.  

The Happy Birthday sentiment from the set fit perfectly on one of the cut apart tags from the Dog Gone Cute paper pad, and I embellished with a mini brad.

How about you? Do you like creating masculine cards? Why or why not? I'd love to hear from you.


3 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What fabulous and fun cards. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful pair of colourful cards Julee - such great summer colours
Blessings
Maxine

Purple Princess said...

super fun cards