Powered by Blogger.

Happiest of Days

Hi friends, today is my day to post on the Jaded Blossom Blog, and I have a soft and pretty spring birthday card to share with you.


I started this card with the gorgeous new Tulips layering set. I stamped the outline of the tulip with stem and the leaf in black ink, then stamped the highlight portion for the flower and leaf in a fadeout no line watercolor ink.  I then used those faint lines to go in with copic markers in my darkest shades and add the shadows, then blend out the rest of the image with lighter shades. I then cut with the coordinating Tulips Outline Dies and assembled together.


I don't know about you, but sometimes I get stuck in a reality rut, thinking things need to be their actual color... especially with stencils. Here I started with the idea of traditional orange carrots as a background, but then decided to give a tone on tone look a try and I love the way it turned out! So here I stenciled the Carrot Stencil with the same color ink as the cardstock, then added the carrot tops with a light green ink for a soft and subtle background,. This allows my tulip image to take center stage on the card. The sentiment is from the Hello Beautiful stamp set (I just LOVE these gorgeous sentiments) and embossed in white onto a Stitched Oval Die cut. I then matted with a vellum die cut with the Scallop Oval Dies and accented the scallops with some nuvo drops.  I finished off with the Card Mat Dies for a finished edge on my background panel.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulously creative day!

Products Used Today:

4 comments

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Julee - love the whimsy of the carrot background - and I too get stuck on the 'right colour' syndrome, so great to see you breaking out of it, and inspiring me.
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Julie. Love the soft color of the pretty tulip.

Purple Princess said...

so beautiful

Purple Princess said...

so pretty