Powered by Blogger.

Happiness Blooms

s! Today I'm popping in with a bit of sunny inspiration for your Wednesday. This month's Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Stamp of the Month, Happiness Blooms, is such a smile maker. I love these whimsical flowers and the sweet sentiments that are the perfect size for adding to cards.

This card was inspired by a recent art project my boys brought home from school. They were to only use warm colors at the top of the page and cool colors at the bottom. I loved their yellow/orange/red combinations, so decided to use that color palette when I sat down to do some Copic coloring. I cut the image out with my Brother Scan 'n Cut machine, then added a few embellishments to the flower centers.



I wanted to create a little scene for the card, so chose a bright, sunny colored background, then added a hill die cut from the Hillside Edges Die Set to ground my flowers.  I added a red vertical panel for a little contrast, then pulled out the Count Your Rainbows stamp and die set for the clouds.

The sentiment is stamped onto a die cut circle, then I stamped and fussy cut one of the flowers from the Happiness Blooms image to accent it.



The Happiness Blooms stamp set is available to purchase, or you can receive it for FREE with a $60 order during the month of May. Just add it to your cart and the discount will apply automatically once your order reaches $60.

2 comments

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Julee this is so sunny and cheerful - a fabulous card with those brightly coloured whimsical flowers
Blessings
Maxine

Purple Princess said...

so lovely