Hi friends! It's time for our monthly Instagram hop at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. Head on over to my Instagram feed for a chance to win a gift code to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps shop! Today I'm sharing a couple of cards using my Forever Loved stamp set and coordinating dies.
First up is a clean and simple card. I created the background with the She's a Gem watercolor palette from Rachel Beth Designs, smooshing and splattering to my heart's content. I embossed the Matthew 5:4 verse from Forever Loved in black over the background.
My second card is a little more involved, this time embossing the leaves and flowers with white embossing powder on vellum cardstock. I then blended archival inks onto the back of the vellum die cuts, until I was happy with the saturation. I set those aside and started work on the background, picking up some smooshed prize ribbon distress ink. I had a lot more ink on my desk than I wanted so I dipped the Delightfully Delicate Stencil in the ink and then laid it onto my background to get a bit of a pattern going. I then added some light stenciling with the Leaf Branch Stencil around where I wanted to place my flowers.
Next I used a circle die to cut out a circle on one side of the background. I embossed the thoughts and prayers sentiment in black, then laid this down on a panel of cardstock and popped the rest of the background up with foam tape for some dimension. I then layered all the vellum die cuts and adhered to the cardstock, then cut off any extra bits before adding to my card base.Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a super creative day!




4 comments
Absolutely beautiful cards <3
What wonderful sentiments on these cards Julee, and I do love the gorgeous backgrounds you have created for the sweet flowers. A pair of beauties.
Stay safe
Blessings
MAxine
These are beautiful and it seems we need more and more of them lately :(
so pretty
Post a Comment