Powered by Blogger.

Guesting for Divinity Designs

Hi friends! I'm excited to be guest designing for Divinity Designs.  If you haven't heard of Divinity Designs they started out as Our Daily Bread Designs, but have changed their name.  They specialize in high quality red rubber images and steel dies.  They also have ancillary products like stencils, embossing folders, and papers. I remember emailing with Kelley back when she was just starting her company, and now I've come full circle and get to share her products with you over the next few months. 




Their October release is live in the shop, and it's a beautiful holiday collection of three stamp/die duos, four specialty dies, and three slimline paper collections.



The first new set in the release is the All is Calm Stamp/Die Duo. I loved this sweet image of the deer, so stamped him and colored with water based markers, then cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment from the set is stamped onto an Ovals die cut that I blended around the edges in a pale blue ink.  I did the same treatment for the larger oval, matting both ovals with die cuts from the Pierced Ovals. The background is from the gorgeous new Shine Bright Paper Pad. The papers are 6 x 9", making them perfect for traditional and slimline papercrafting.  I cut the panel with the layer die from the A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer Die added a little light brown ink around the edges of the patterned paper, then finished off with a white top fold card base cut with the same die set.



The next set being featured is the beautiful Keep Christ in Christmas Stamp/Die Duo.  This beautiful image of Mary and Baby Jesus is so sweet.  I stamped and colored with water based markers, then die cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment is stamped onto an  Ovals die cut from the beautiful new Serenity Snowflakes Paper Pad. I layered this on two Pierced Ovals die cuts from the same paper, then sponged the edges with a light purple ink.  Next I created a fun flower embellishment with the Peaceful Poinsettia Dies. I cut the small and medium poinsettias from white cardstock, then blended a bit of light purple ink over the embossing details to make them stand out.  The center pieces are cut from the gold paper in the Shine Bright Paper Pad.  I cut the main panel and the card base using the A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer Die and then cut a mat from the  Shine Bright Paper Pad using the Matting Rectangle Die.  I love how pairing these two die sets together takes all the guess work out of precise layering.


For my final card today, I pulled out the gorgeous Sparkling Snowflakes Stamp/Die Duo set. The details in these beautiful snowflakes are just mesmerizing.  I embossed all three stars in silver, die cut with the coordinating  dies and  then used bright pink reinker to watercolor over the white portions.  I layered the three snowflakes together for a beautiful focal point.


The main background panel is cut from paper in the Christmas Collection 2020 Paper Pad.  I cut the panel with the A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer Die and matted with the Matting Rectangle DieNext I pulled out the smallest snowflake and stamped randomly across a white panel with a medium pink ink.  I used the Pierced Rectangles Dies to mat this layer by cutting a larger die than my panel and then trimming off the two pierced edges to glue behind my stamped panel.  The sentiment from All is Calm is embossed in silver on a Rectangles die cut and I matted with the Pierced Rectangles Die.


I hope you've enjoyed my first look at this new collection.  There are also some beautiful new stand alone dies that are being released, so be sure to check out the entire October release over on the Divinity Designs Blog.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a fabulous first day of October!

2 comments

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous coloring and love the bokeh on the last!

Purple Princess said...

such beautiful cards!!